sabo x reader: girl within the ruins

This time, the revolutionary army had the mission to wipe out the illegal weapon selling in a city that was nothing but ruins. Big pirates stocked collected weaponry which was sold at high prices to other pirates, basically creating an illegal trade business of banned and harmful weapons. 

Finishing up a fight with a pirate, Sabo and Koala walked around, checking crates and remains where there could possibly be hideouts. Finding a shallow wall, Koala rushed over to it, breaking it open. Weapons flew outside as the pirates that were dealing them ran for their life.

"Leave it to me Sabo-kun". Sabo nodded, while Koala ran behind the pirates. Collecting the weaponry, a hustle was heard towards Sabo's right.  Looking at the noise, he saw a girl, you, running away, wearing a huge cloak. It seemed to him as if you were hiding something under the cloak. Alerting Hack and Inazuma, Sabo rushed after you, who was speeding up.

"She must be hiding weapons!". Hack yelled, rushing towards Sabo's side. Sabo quickly caught up with you, when you suddenly shifted your stance.

"Stay where you are unless you do not want to get hurt". Sabo said as you showed no glimpse of slowing done. 

You dodged the big rocks and crates on the ground as your legs started to give up. Days. It has been days since you had something. Fearing that someone would see you stealing food, you hid it under your cloak. When all you wanted was some bread, some guys you didn't even see around started following up. 

Slowing down as your legs reached your limit, you felt a hand grab your shoulder, not that light but not that harsh. Giving away, you fell on the floor as Sabo was quite surprised. Your cloak came off, revealing two big pieces of bread and a bottle of wine. Panting, nothing else concerned you more than your dying stomach. Taking the bread off the dirty ground, you rushed through it, stuffing your mouth with as much as you could.

Sabo widened his eyes as realization struck him. Hack and Inazuma slowed down, watching you eat in hurry.

"D-do you have more...". Your low voice called out, as Sabo kneeled down towards you.  He felt pitiful looking at your face, as he asked Hack to bring out their emergency food supplies.

"I'm sorry Miss..I thought you were rushing away with weaponry". Sabo's tone filled with regret as he studied your drowsy and dead eyes.

"You don't look like a pirate. Why are you here?". Inazuma asked.

"I was kidnapped for slave trading. I wanted to get out...I-I was going to be sold in the auction house..". Tears started welling in your eyes as you wiped them off.  Slightly gasping, he took the bread from Hack's hand, giving it to you. 

"I was in a helpless situation until you drove off the pirates that kept me under them. Thank you...thank yo...".

The only thing that happened next was you passing out in his arms, completely exhausted and wounded.

...

"What should we do, Dragon-san?".

"Let us wait until she wakes up".

Slowly opening your eyes, you looked around at a bunch of people looking at you. You were suddenly scared but calmed down as you saw the face of the man who gave you bread.

"She's awake!". Koala said.

"Where am I...".

"You're in our ship. We are the revolutionary army. Young girl, if your will lets you fight, come with us". A tall man, with a green cloak and a big red tattoo on his face spoke. Sitting up with all your might, you noticed that you were tucked well under a blanket, and your wounds have been treated. You looked towards the blonde boy who offered you food, as he smiled, eyes closing as he did. You gave one back, as no one ever seemed more trusting.