mihawk x reader: drunk confession

( mihawk request similar to my previous kid chapter!)

.

.

Gloom Island? More like Death Island. No. It's not really because of those baboons. It's because of that stupid swordsman. Living in the same castle as him was a pain in the ass, and honestly venturing out into the wild and fighting some crazy weapon-wielding baboons was much better in your opinion. 

Everything was just you and your little world until two brats had to come flying into the island. Mihawk knew shit about household chores and cooking, and there was no one else other than you to feed three stomachs including you. You even wondered how this man survived on his own when he was alone.

The pink-haired kid, Perona, was somewhat of a nuisance but you let her get away with her actions since she was adorable. The big green boy, Zoro, was some other level kid. Sometimes you'd hesitate standing next to him. 

Every time you asked Mihawk for a way out, he'd simply not bother answering. Heck, he'd not even look at you. Sometimes you wonder if he has something wrong with his ears, but he'd come around when you say 'wine', so that thought was a no-go.

You were sitting on the opposite couch with a book, as the kids were doing their stuff. Mihawk took upon Zoro's request to train him, and not going to lie, it was fun to watch.

"Next you will wield at her". Mihawk said, pointing at you.

"Wield at who, you swashbuckler?!".

"You".

Huffing, you stomped up from the couch, glaring at the man. Zoro scratched his head, not quite understanding why he has to strike you.

"Her observation haki can help you train. Now".

"Huh? Hold the fuck up man, I can die! This kid is crazy".

"What did you say, woman?". Zoro yelled back.

"You're crazy! Mihawk, you nincompoop, your haki is better than mine!".

"I'm off".

"OI!".

Mihawk took his wine glass from the table, leaving the room. You groaned, looking at the moss head ready to strike. Whining, you stood in front of the boy.

"Don't kill me".

"That depends".

"My ghost will haunt you till your death if I even get a scratch".

Zoro tilted his head in confusion, as he prepared to strike. You stood your stance and let your haki come in use. Many times, the swords reached you, but you deflected from them with ease. Zoro went a little faster with his strikes, but you were able to sense each of them. Soon, the boy came to a stop.

"I got a cut, kid", You said, looking at the wound that was caused by the final attack. It was a little deep, and you winced internally.

"I'll be back". 

Walking into the room, you went through the cupboards to find bandages. A knock was heard on the ajar door, as you looked over. It was Mihawk. 

"What do you want, sideburns?".

"I heard that you were hurt. So your haki needs some training, hmm".

"Tch! That kid was incredibly fast. And, it's been a while since I really gave my everything to fight".

Mihawk took the bandages from your hands and carried you towards the bed. 

"O-oi, this is nothing. You are weird".

"Say whatever you want".

He started bandaging your wound after cleaning the blood. He was surprisingly calm with how he handled it and was really careful.

"You are somehow good at this". You said, looking at how well your bandage was done.

"Now, make something to eat. I am hungry".

"You-YOU BIG SWORD BASTARD".

Mihawk took the first aid box and walked out of the room with a slight smile. Groaning, you walked towards the kitchen. You decided to make something anyway, as those kids must be starving. With everything the kitchen had, you made a simple feast.

"Brats, dinner is ready". Zoro and Perona rushed towards the table, as they dived into their meals. You looked around for Mihawk. He was not in the living room. Deciding to look for him, you saw him training outside from the window. 

"You had a lot of drinks and you are still standing?".

Walking towards the man, his sword suddenly came at you, to which you quickly reacted. Smirking, Mihawk continued to strike, to which you read every moment.

"Seems like the training with Roronoa has helped you". He said, landing one more strike. The wind from the last strike caused you to lose balance. Mihawk immediately caught your palm, and the impact made you land on his chest.

"Such a clumsy person, Y/n".

"Shut up! You pulled me".

"Why aren't you getting off then". You could see the man sniggering at your face, to which you went slightly red. Getting up from him, you dusted your clothes.

"Dinner is ready. You better get something for yourself before those kids finish everything".

"What about you?".

"Well, there isn't enough for me, so I'll pass-".

"Such an understanding person, Y/n". His words made you confused.

"How drunk are you?".

"Drunk enough to ask you to be with me forever, so openly". 

The man said out those words so bluntly that you, for a second thought he was joking.

"Mihawk, you're wasted".

"Drunk words are sober thoughts. Will you stay with me, Y/n?". He said, starting to blindly lean in. You did not know what to do, but all you knew is that your cheeks were heating up.

"I don't know how to make out". He said. Laughing at his weirdness, you shook your head slightly. Without wasting any more time, you pulled his collar, landing your lips on his. Taking the lead, you put your hands around his neck, while his hands snaked around your waist. It was a complete make-out session, as none of you wanted to stop. Even you. 

Finally breaking the kiss, you were still in his arms as he slightly broke a smile.

"Since when?". You asked him.

"I have no idea. All I know is that I cannot control my rising heart when you're around".

"You're a smooth talker aren't you?". You teased, grinning.

"I wanna throw up". Zoro screamed, looking through the window with Perona by his side. You laughed, looking at the boy, as Mihawk took your hands in his, walking back into the castle.

"Should I put up with this for two years!?". Zoro yelled, pointing at the both of you holding hands.

"Don't ruin the moment, idiot". Perona said, gawking at the two of you.