Chapter 5: Brother In-Law

Copyright 2021 by John Wells. All Rights Reserved.

June and the council, Alex, Benfas, Betty, Dan, Elaine, Genact, Jane, Jessa, Tom, and Steve with the AI, gather in Benfas’ office to discuss the vision. All the humans are second-class or higher at the moment. At the moment decisions, get made by Dan and June for humans, while Benfas and June handle Humocrocs. The council does everything else. Benfas has five votes, while Genact has four, to balance out the humans nine. However, if the decision only effects one species, the other stays out of it. Both Benfas and Genact knew they could only decide for their species with June’s permission.

The alien status is what they start with. They are doing a similar class structure, since actual work is no longer required. They also have some resistance. But, most are adjusting well. Both aliens will be second-class later today. Most of the adults of their species will reach second-class in a week. Seven of their spaceship captains will join the team shortly, so both species have equal representation on the council. They are still competing to find the strongest mentally.

The ages the aliens used and courses are different. But, similar enough based on their lifespan and history. Their normal lifespan is one hundred and sixty of our years. Their year is a few days longer, while a day is an hour longer.

The human status has most of the eighteen or older crowd in second-class or close. The fifteen to seventeen groups are mostly close.

Something that was not planned was making classes of both groups available to both species. Though only this group has taken advantage of that. Everyone here speaks both English and the alien language. The aliens must learn English to become first class or within five years. It is a requirement for second-class, but if you met all other requirements prior to five years, it will not stop you from becoming second class.

The AI reports on the solar systems that it has visited. There is a species that is likely intelligent. It has a scenario setup with them and wants someone to figure out their language. Steve volunteers to look into it.

The vision gets those that did not know about it riled up. Nobody can understand how June would be alone on the bridge, as between Dan’s and Debbie’s views, they saw the entire bridge to be empty, except for the four aliens. The next question is why androids show up, instead of this team as her backup. Another question is why she failed to transport or repair her body.

Dan states, “it would be best, if you avoid all spaceships, until after we contact those aliens.”

June replies, “like you planned on avoiding these aliens having seen your death from them. We have proved the visions can change. Not to mention, that vision could be centuries from now. I will not let it control me. You may come with me. Just stay closer when it happens.”

The meeting ends a little later. June goes to visit Debbie. She is a little shock to see Stuart with Mary. She is the girl he has dreamed about for a while. June remembers doing Dan as Mary with Stuart’s body and smiles as she watches. She gets Cindy and thinks, ‘he gets to live his fantasy.’ They are making out. ‘Maybe he has a chance.’

June double checks Mary’s status to find she has made second-class. Stuart has been fast tracking his classes and only needs his physics course test. They could both be second-class today.

June leaves them talking, without letting Cindy know she could lose Stuart today. Cindy can check her kids’ status, so it is on her if she does not. It even listed it as possible in the family required course. June sits on Debbie’s bed and her sister fills her breasts with milk to drink. June shakes her head at her sister’s audacity. She thinks, ‘you should ask first before you perform magic on others, sis. I might get mad at this, you know.’