9

Karl opened Dream's door slowly. The decided since he didn't recognize Sapnap, and was terrified of Big Q, Karl would be the one to try and talk to him. Meanwhile, Sapnap was trying to get ahold of Tommy to talk to him about the call.

"Uh, hey Dream." Karl gave him a small smile as he closed the door behind him, "are you, um, are you feeling okay?"

Dream looked at the man. He was silent for a moment.

"Why do you look like that?" Dream asked.

Karl pulled his sleeves over his hands, "like what?"

Dream gave a short sigh, "like, your eyes are gray instead of pink! And you're not wearing your usual hoodie! And why did Quackity look so... Casual!? Isn't he supposed to be running Las Nevadas!? And where am I!? This is so confusing!"

"Woah! Dream! Calm down!" Karl stepped forward, "this isn't the SMP-"

Dreams head shot up. He stared at Karl with wide eyes. For a moment it was silent, realization slowly dawning on Dream's face.

"What?" He whispered.

"This is real life." Karl put his hands in his hoodie pockets, "you're acting like your character from the SMP. Alex, Nick, and I are really worried."

"Karl, I'm from the SMP." Dream stood from the bed, "I don't know who Alex or Nick are."

Karl gave him a look, "you're serious, aren't you?"

Dream nodded. Karl's eyes went wide.

"So that means you're not just- the characters are real..." Karl leaned back against the door, "holy... That means- hold on! Where's our Dream then!?"

"I don't know!?" Dream shrugged, throwing his arms in the air.

Karl took a breath, "okay, okay. I'm going to talk to Sapnap and Big Q and tell them about... Whatever this person swap thing is."

Dream nodded, "... Can you come back later?"

Karl paused as he reached for the door, "why?"

The masked man shrugged, "well, um, prison is lonely and I uh, it's nice being around people again... People who don't want to torture and or kill you at least..."

Karl could help but feel a little guilty, "yeah... Yeah I'll be back soon."

Dream nodded. He watched Karl leave the room, closing the door tight behind him. Dream sat down on the bed. So he was in a different world, huh? How interesting...