11

Dream stared up at the ceiling. Karl and Quackity had left yesterday, and he didn't like talking to Sapnap. It was too strange to hear his voice coming out of a stranger. So Dream stayed in his room, bored out of his mind, too reminiscent of the prison. At least he had good food and a bed.

Just as Dream was about to drift off, his strange communicator thing started ringing. He sat up, looking at it oddly. The man's eyes widened behind his mask as he saw the name written on it.

"George.." Dream whispered, frozen for a moment.

He seemed to unfreeze, diving for the comm and pressing answer. Immediately, he heard George's voice for the first time in a long while.

"Dream! Holy shit where have you been!? You haven't been answering anyone's dm's! Are you okay!?"

Dream let out a small sigh. It wasn't his George. Of course it wasn't.

"Yeah, I'm fine, I've just been... Busy." Dream responded.

He heard George sigh, "well at least you're alive. Everyone's been worried! Why haven't you answered anyone's calls!?"

Dream blinked in surprise, "I wasn't getting any calls. This is the first one all week. Well, except for the time Tubbo called over-"

Dream wracked his memory for what the application was.

"-Discord..." Dream finished with a shrug, even though no one could see it.

"That's... Weird..." George said, "but I'm glad you're okay."

"Yeah..." Dream let himself smile a little.

There was a moment of silence, "are you sure you're okay Dream? You're acting a little strange..."

"Yeah, I'm fine." Dream insisted, sitting on the bed, "can we just, um, can we just talk for a bit?"

George laughed lightly through the phone, "sure, idiot."

Dream smiled. He missed talking to George. All the time they'd spent together, the memories they had... He missed it so much.

Maybe that could happen again in his world...