7

Sapnap jumped up when he heard the knocks on his door. He ran over, quickly throwing open the door. To his relief, Karl and Quackity stood on the other side.

"Sap!" Quackity smiled as the other pulled him into a hug, "how is he?"

Sapnap sighed as he hugged Karl too, "He keeps laughing to himself. I've locked him in his room for now."

"Do you know why he's acting like this?" Karl asked as they were lead inside.

"No! He just woke up and didn't recognize me. Then the thing with Tommy happened and it's just..." Sapnap shook his head, "maybe you two can talk some sense into him."

"If he didn't recognize you, will he recognize us?" Karl asked.

Sapnap paused outside Dream's door, "I don't know. He recognized Tommy and Tubbo, but not Ranboo. It's weird."

"We'll talk to him." Quackity said, "if he doesn't recognize us, then, um."

"Then we know it's not just a joke and we'll take him to the hospital." Karl filled in.

Sapnap nodded, "yeah, alright."

The door slowly swung open. Dream was sitting on his bed. He turned his head as Karl and Quackity walked in. His eyes went wide.

"No, no no! Get away from me!" Dream yelled, backing into the corner, "Quackity get away! Stop it! Karl stop him! Sam! SAM!"

Quackity fucked out of the way as a pillow was thrown at his head. Then a lamp. A few other things as well before Quackity managed to get out of the room and Karl slammed the door closed.

"What the honk was that?" Karl turned to his friends, "are you okay Alex?"

"Y-yeah." Quackity nodded quickly.

"It's so weird. He called out for Sam." Sapnap said, "when he woke up he said he was free from the prison. And he tried to attack Tommy..."

"He's acting like his SMP character." Karl shivered, "it's really unsettling."

"Is he acting though?" Quackity asked, "he seemed legitimately terrified."

"What, you think he became his character?" Sapnap scoffed.

A silence fell over them. The idea was completely insane, but... The only other explanation was that their perfectly healthy friend went into complete psychosis overnight. That seemed almost more crazy. And the way Tommy acted on call...

"You know..." Sapnap started slowly, "Tommy was also acting so weird when he called... Maybe I should check up on him..."