CHAPTER 5

《Chapter five》

              Sariah's pov

  The woman asked if I was buying something and got up and went in to serve me when I told her yes. I bought one super lotto ticket and three caspot numbers. I asked her if I could get transportation to down town from this side and she said yes. She came back outside to sit down and told me to wipe off my face because it had dried up tears on it. I thanked her and ended up started crying again, I told her I just lost my job and she said that was sad. We talked a little as I pulled myself together, then I walked to the bus stop across the street.

  Going back to the agency to ask for another job, was not an option in my pregnant condition. As I lay in my bed that night I thought about expanding my chicken business. Utech fee was very expensive and I was glad when Earlan said he would give me a start. Now I didn't know what to do, I had already begin signing up.

The following week news of the super lotto being won in Jamaica was all over the news. I didn't check my ticket until it was said that the winning ticket had been purchased in Portmore. I downloaded the cashpot app on my phone and checked the numbers just out of curiosity. I checked it several times than call my aunty overseas, my uncle who was in Jamaica presently, came and we went to the head office after printing copies of the ticket infront of his lawyers.

  It was unbelievable that I had won, I was in a state of shock weeks after and my children asked why we were moving so quickly. My belly was showing and I lied to the most important people in my life out of shame. I told them when I found out I was pregnant the father had died a month before in a car accident and no one knew so I preferred it kept within the family, as I didn't want to bother with his families.

  They bought the lie and I told myself when I got back my ultrasound result, that it must be God who made me win the lottery. That I would not have to depend or have any financial needs to have to seek out their dad. I messaged him a month after I had gotten fired, asking him "what's up" but he sent me a barrage of insulting and demeaning texts. When I tried to ask him what was those messages for, because I didn't understand, it said I couldn't send any messages to that number.

  I was glad I was alone as I cried my heart out, it was really over between us. My heart ached as I told myself to kiss all my hopes of finding love and settling down goodbye. Which man was going to want a single mother with so many children now.

  As we got ready to leave for the airport from the apartment we had been residing in, I rubbed my almost six month belly and was glad I would be able to provide for the three babies growing within me.

  My friend Carissa would give an eye on my house in Harbour View for me, The house I bought that we would be living in upon our return was in St. Mary. There were two houses sat on the land the main house was unfinished, it was beautiful and I hoped it would be finish by the time I returned.

  The other house the family had lived in was the first main house, built further to the back and was to be given to their daughter, but she died from cancer in Canada. They were migrating to Cananda, where they would help to raise their grandchildren.

  Some of the land were beautiful flat acres and I would use my time abroad to plan my investments wisely. I completely blocked Earlan from my mind and while I had a new number, I still had the old number open. I felt bad knowing in my heart that I was really waiting on him to call or message me.

  My aunt and some other family members, kept asking me why I looked so sad, they think it was because I was going to have three babies at once. So they tried to cheer me up, saying I'm now a millionaire and I should be happy. I shut down the sim card with the old number and took it out of my phone. I emersed myself into my business plans, the completing of my new house and home, my children born and unborn, my life after I give birth and shopping a lot.