Chapter 28

Chapter 28

                   Sariah's pov

  It's amazing what having friends in high places, money and certain powers in life can make you achieve. Being on the winning side did not make me happy, it made me hurt and want to cry. Years ago I had taken Sidoney's father to court and he had shunned what the judge had ordered him to do. Now I managed to sew him and win, two and half million was chump change to me. Seeing him lose what he didn't have hardened my heart within me. He had thought to come and scrape from what I've been blessed with, without a thought as to how his child was doing, but nowadays shit is flush down toilets and not left to sit over again and inhale the scent.

  Rajae and Shion's father didn't know what hit him when the judge fined him six million dollars. The fucker had been doing well and not taking care of his other children either. He had only a piece of old car to his name, I was so ashamed to have had associated with him. Worthless shithouse, if he had sold his ass like he had told me to sell myself he probably would now be better off.

  I walked out of court with my head held high, the cameras went off and I paused a few times and strike unsmiling poses. I knew I look good, I feel confident and I had a lot of money. I am the state minister for the African state Cubina, I rub shoulders with royalties and the elite. I am no longer the naive school girl that got pregnant the first time I was pressured to have sex. I am strong, I am independent, I am someone. Those that had stripped me of my self-worth can only look at me from afar, they could not come nigh my dwelling.

  Earlan hugged me to him as I reached the jeep and I never felt more appreciated. We climbed into the back of the jeep and Pelpa drove off with us, leaving my two baby daddies staring after the vehicle. Disappointment and stress written across their faces, a bag of shit bout they coming to claim money from the children they hadn't supported in any way. What a crazy set of crosses I had lain with and stupid too, because Shion and Sidoney aren't even working yet.

  My phone rang and I answered Shion that evening.

  "Mommy I got your messages, but I was in class," she said.

  "That's ok honey. How was the exam?" I said then asked.

  "Well it wasn't too hard so I hope I've passed. Yea so wey mi a sey is, the judge couldn't charge dem more money, especially my sperms donor?" She replied and asked.

  "Hehehehehehheheh, lauuuuddd." I laughed, "if yuh puppa eva hear yuh."

  "A should a me carry him go court and him see, a would a bun dung di courthouse wid him in dey." She stated angrily.

  "Mi sey if it hurt mi fi him one more time," Shion said beginning to cry, "yuh think mi a ever figet how many time he insults mi and none a him promise dem him nuh keep. Bout him want Rajae fi gi him money, him not even say mek him come and apologize and try mek it up to us eeh. Him gone pon tv a exalt himself, fi people know sey yuh did dey wid one cockroach." She vented tearful and angry.

  I allowed her to vent feeling sad, Rajae was another matter two minutes after I finished talking to Shion.

  "Mommy?!" He knocked on my room door and called.

  "Yes, it's open," I answered and he opened the door and stood there.

  "Yuh busy?" He asked.

  "No, a wha happen?" I replied then asked.

  "Nutn, just wan' talk to yuh bout somn." He said taking a seat on the large bean bag near to my bed.

  "Ok talk," I told him wondering what's it about.