Chapter 21

Chapter twenty-one

Earlan's pov

Personally I think the breakfast taste really good, but Sariah only ate half of one of the fish, taste the orange juice and got up. She put the glass in the fridge and covered her plate over the pot on the stove. Then took up her laptop and walked up the stairs. I immediately lost my appetite and felt dejected.

I think for the first time in my life I'm utterly confused and unsure of what to do. Sometimes I feel like accepting that I lose in this relationship and just calling it quits. I felt terribly scared of what might or might not happen.

"Tsk. Oh God." I sighed loudly.

I covered up my half eaten breakfast on the counter and drain my orange juice glass. Washing and turning it down in the dish drainer, I took up my phone to start checking on my businesses. After going through the motions for half an hour and glad that I didn't have to go on the road, I went upstairs to my room.

I heard Sariah on her phone and went and cock my ears. After hearing that it was Carissa, I hissed my teeth and got out my laptop. She was probably telling Sariah about the tenant who wished to move out I thought. I took a deep breath and blew out hard on my exhale.

Disgusting, spiteful and annoying, that was what Sariah's sister is. Rajae's cousins have been calling him about the matter, which I personally think can be solved by the spiteful sister quitting her interfering with the tenant and her daughters.

I heard Sariah's room door open and I looked out from my open room door, to see her heading back downstairs. I got up taking my laptop with me and went downstairs to see if she was going anywhere. Sighting her office door open, I went and sat down in the living room.

Over and over I searched my mind for something that I could use to start up a conversation with her, but I couldn't come up with anything worthwhile at the moment. The businesses and farms were all doing alright. You made sure of that an inner voice said.

The beeping of the inner gate opening made me place my laptop on the couch beside me and got up. It must be the delivery truck I told myself as I walk through to the kitchen, seeing Sariah coming my way.

"Earlan?!" Rajae called.

"Yea!" I answered opening the back door.

Rajae was directing the driver of the delivery truck who was reversing through the inner gate to let off our ground foods and meats before driving out. Twain one of the farm hands jumped down from the truck.

"Morning sir." He greeted.

"Morning Twain" I respond.

"Urhm" he cleared his throat, "so mi have twenty-five pound a chicken an' Mass Robert say dis a di last set a chicken until two weeks time." He said and I nodded.

He continued, "a'right twelve pound a beef in a three pound bags and three pound a cow foot and two pound a cow head. E rest a it a go a e meat shop."

"Uhrm." I nodded.

"Where is the cow tongue?" Sariah asked from behind me and I answered.

"Ah, we have a good amount inside the freezer, so me a mek di rest go dung a di meat shop." I told her.

"Oh ok." She responds.

"Hello Miss Sariah, mi neva know sey yuh deh here." Twain smiled showing his missing front teeths.