Chapter 26

Chapter 26

                    Sariah's pov

  Earlan was definitely in fear of Younglord, it was almost laughable. The two of them eyed each other at the dinner table was intense and comical. It's not like we didn't realize Younglord had a lot of his father's ways, but my glance into the future saw that Earlan will have his work cut out for him by his son. I smile shrewdly, how ironic I thought to have one son that takes after you so much and he will be the great competitor you are afraid to challenge.

  This will surely be fun I thought watching how both of them eat the same way, Younglord really looks just like Earlan, especially with his long locks falling onto his back. Never in my wildest dreams had I expected him to look and act so much like him. He may not get the chance to be rebellious because of me, but he was going to be a determined force to reckon with.

  The amount of food I sent with Carissa that evening could feed the entire Harbour View, Balla was taking her home and one of my small trucks was carrying food to be shared between her, my sister and Ms. Doreen. By the time they had driven through the gate, I was already missing her and her children. It was such fun to have them with us and it ended way too soon.

  I combed all my daughter's hair for school, while the boys clean their shoes. Rajae gave Raheem a faded haircut leaving a high amount on the top of his head. If he was sent home the next day from school he was on his own. Earlan was still in my office when I finished doing all I had to do that night.

  He had the sales book from one of his clothes stores open on the desk before him and he was deep in thought. Without saying anything to him, I went and checked that all the windows and doors were closed. A little while after I heard him talking to Pelpa on the phone. Then he came to the back door and I opened it letting him inside, he went into my office and was there with Earlan for a while. Switching off the tv I decide to call it a night and go to bed. I had just put my feet on the first stairs when I heard Earlan say.

  "Da idiot yah really wan' mi fuck dem up."

  There was nothing for quite some time until I heard Pelpa say, "pause it an' go back likkle." They were watching one of the stores' tapes I presumed. Someone was going to get fired I said in my mind and continued up the stairs. If there was one thing I knew about Earlan it was that he didn't joke where his businesses are concerned. I would never want to be on the wrong side of any business transaction with him. I have to give him praise where it was due and that was he ran the businesses exceptionally well. He was shrewd, smart, enigmatic and skillful, he hardly missed anything unless he overlooked it.

  After taking a shower I reply to a couple of messages regarding Cubina state and one from the emperor's secretary. With nothing pressing, I decided to watch tv until Earlan came up to bed.

  I woke the next morning feeling for him on the bed but there was no him. I got up and walked to his bedroom seeing his bed still as it was from the day before. After using the bathroom I used the access tablet and found him downstairs in the kitchen fully dressed.

  I woke the children then went down to the kitchen, "morning," I whispered looking at him.

  "Morning, I slept on the couch I'm restless and on edge so no badda start." He said sternly.

  I went to the stove and found breakfast was already prepared, so I began getting the lunch bags packed. "I take it you're leaving with Pelpa?" I asked him.