Part 14

I huffed and wiped my tears with my arm. My once sobbing face was now replaced with a glaring anger.

"SENTINEL!!" I screamed. I place Ironhide's fingertip with the rest of his broken body, along with the twins and stood up running to Mercy, grabbing Ironhide's cannon from the floor and taking it with me. I closed the door and I began driving into the tunnel.

"Can we beat him?" She asked.

"I'll fucking kill him! I'll avenge them." I muttered, gripping the starring wheel. As we entered the building I saw fire everywhere. I could see the dead bodies everywhere and broken vehicles. Luckily none were the autobots. Then Mercy transformed.

-:-

She looked around with her blades out and Ironhide's cannon in her servos.

"SENTINEL! WHERE ARE YOU?!" She shouted. She walked over some of the debris only to be met with Optimus Prime's face. She glared at him.

"YOU! WHERE WERE YOU?!"

"Bowie-Mercy. I-"

"HES DEAD! HE KILLED IRONHIDE HE KILLED THE TWINS! HE-I-" Mercy couldn't speak. She glared at the floor, she couldn't cry. But inside, her spark, bowie was sobbing inside her.

"Yeah, take a look, Optimus! This is all on you!" Mearing shouted from behind Mercy on the stairs with Lennox and Sam next to her.

"Sentinel hit the vault! Took the pillars!" A soldier informed them. Lennox became angry and kicked the railing.

"Come on, let's go." He ran off, other soldiers and Sam followed him. "All right, notify the 101st Airborne! We need to hunt this thing down!" Optimus stayed silent and glanced at Mercy.

"...Nothing I can say will make this better."

"She's crying. It-it hurts. We couldn't save him in time..." Mercy whispered. Optimus looked down in sadness. "We're going to avenge them." She said starring at him with a determined look.

"We will." He said to her. She nodded. "We will find him."

"No need to. Bowie implanted a tracking device on him when he was still asleep. Just in case. I'll have his location soon."

"Thank you, both of you. And the others?"

"I sent them a message to hide for now, until further notice. We cannot allow them to suffer the same fate as them..." She told him.

-:-

Mercy, Bowie, the autobots, NEST, and Optimus all drove towards Sentinel's current location He had been moving from base non-stop. And if he had all the pillars, he'll open the space bridge soon. His current location was in the Washington Lincoln Memorial.

"Please calm yourself, Bowie."

"Not until he dies!"

"Mercy is right. I want to avenge his death as much as you do. But I need to know Sentinel's reason for betrayal."

"Optimus. If Jetfire, Brains, and Wheelie changed from decepticons to the autobots side then so can an autobot change to decepticons. It's called freedom of choice. But he will die. If not by your hands then mine." She promised with anger in her eyes. He stayed silent. Then they arrived. Mercy and Optimus both transformed and ran to the memorial.

"Commencing transport." Sentinel announced.

"Stop! No no no! Sentinel!" Mercy whipped her arms open as her blades formed on her arms and legs. She held Ironhides gun with her finger on the trigger ready to kill. She starred at Sentinel and Bowie felt rage.

"Forgive me." He said as he turned the red pillar. The floating pillars shot out light and electricity surrounded it.

"NO!" Mercy screamed. "LENNOX! AUTOBOTS! WE REQUEST BACKUP!" She aimed the cannon at their heads and began shooting. Two of the decepticons charged towards Mercy.

"COME AT ME!!" She yelled as she spun around and slashed their mouths with her blade, she aimed the cannon and shot it at their heads. Her optics moved fast counting her enemies. She shot an incoming 'con behind Optimus' back.

"SENTINEL! YOU'RE MINE!!" She called out, running towards him.

"Mercy no!" Mercy ignored Optimus' pleas and shot at Sentinel who managed to dodge her attacks.

"AUTOBOTS PROTECT THE PEOPLE! THAT'S AN ORDER!"

"Copy!" They replied. As she grew closer to Sentinel, running over the water, she tackled him onto a set of stairs. He turned his body to get her off but she punched his face and slashed his cheek with her blade.

"WHY?! WHY! WHY DID YOU MURDER THEM!?" She screamed. She threw another punch but was kicked off. Sentinel quickly got up and held her down, connecting his fist with her face.

"A small life to pay for Cybertron! For our home! What war destroyed, we can rebuild! But only if we join with the Decepticons!"

"SENTINEL STOP!" Optimus shouted from behind the two. He growled and picked Mercy up and held her in a chokehold with Ironhide's cannon aimed at her head. "Sentinel. Please! It's not the only way! This is our home! We must defend the humans!"

"So lost you are, Optimus." Mercy struggled to get out of his grip. He shook her and slammed her to the ground, the cannon pressed behind her head. "On Cybertron, we were gods. And here... they call us machines. Let the humans serve us, or perish!"

Optimus stood there, silently without making any move to attack. Mercy turned her head towards him and starred right into his glowing optics, begging for him to take the kill. But he simply looked away. Bowie's eyes widen from inside as she froze. Sentinel huffed and got off Mercy.

"You're lucky I didn't kill you. In time, you'll see." He said to them as he walked away. Optimus came to her side and helped her up.

"It's not over." He muttered. Mercy kept her optics on the ground not speaking a word. "Are you alright?"

"...Get off of us." She mumbled and pushed him off of her arm.

"Bowie-"

"WHY DIDN'T YOU KILL HIM!?" She screamed. He flinched from her voice.

"He would have killed you." He knew Bowie was the one who was speaking. Mercy wasn't real. It was all Bowie.

"BUT THEN EVERYTHING WOULD BE OKAY! IRONHIDE AND THE TWINS WOULD BE AVENGED AND THE DECEPTICONS WOULD HAVE LOST!"

"YOU HAVE A CHILD TO GO BACK TO!" He snapped. She jumped from the sudden burst. It was the first time he had ever raised his voice to his comrades. "If you died, I would have taken away a young child's mother. Half of their love. I couldn't let you do that. I can't let you die. I won't."

Then he hugged her.