Part 15

Mercy's body became stiff. Bowie was shocked by the gesture. Optimus wasn't one to do things like this. Mercy's optics looked away sadden.

"But ironhide...and the twins..."

"We will. But you need to stay alive. We need you. I need you alive." He muttered. They hesitated but nodded. Optimus backed away from her.

"I'm still pissed you didn't try to attack...but...I know you had good intentions. I'm sorry." She apologized.

"It is fine. We must retreat. We will come up with a plan for attack." She nodded and they left.

-/-

The next day came and I was called by the Pentagon. Due to the destruction at NEST me or Mearing couldn't attend, so instead we called.

"Approximately 200 Decepticons are now in hiding. Energon detectors have been triggered as far away as South America and China." The General spoke.

"The U. N. Just received an encrypted audio file. They say it's from the leader of the Autobots." We heard a guy say. I narrowed my eyes. Optimus? I wasn't told about sending in a voice recording, unless...

"Defenders of Earth. We have come for your natural resources to rebuild our damaged planet. When we have transported all we need, we will leave your world in peace. For such peace to exist, you must immediately exile the Autobot rebels you have harboured. Nonnegotiable. Renounce the rebels. We await your reply." I closed my eyes at Sentinel's request. They government will turn them in. Without a second thought. Even I couldn't defend them this time...I shook my head in sadness.

"We have to find a way around this. We can't just-"

"Commander Bowie. I'm sorry...but as Director of Intelligence, I am reliving you off duty." I went wide eye.

"What!? You can't! Those autbots are our only hope of saving humanity! Sentinel won't give us peace! He's going to enslave us! You have to believe me!"

"I'm sorry, I really am. You and Sam warned us. But it's been requested by the higher ups. I can't disobey." I starred at her and shook my head, I slammed my fist on the table in anger.

"Fine. They will regret this." I muttered, taking off my cap and throwing it to the floor. I walked into a seprate room with the autobots and closed the door behind me and groaned loudly.

"Bowie...?" I heard Jazz call.

"I-I'm fine. I-" I sighed. "I've been fired if you can believe it. They'll turn you away. I couldn't stop them. I'm so sorry! I'm sorry I couldn't do better!" I cried.

"Kid..." Jazz scooped me up and held me to his face along with the other autobots. "No matter what you did, you and Sam are the only ones who defended us. And for that we are grateful."

"Bu-but Ironhide and the twins! I couldn't save them!"

"Bowie. You've helped us since we first came to Earth. You risked your life for ours. You've done far enough. They would have agreed." Ratchet said.

"You're one of us, kid. You're an autobot!" Sideswipe said. I huffed a laugh and wiped my tears.

"Bowie, you are what kept the balance and peace between humans and Autobots. You are a true autobot and keeper of the last remaining All Spark. Whatever happens. We will go."

"They don't understand." I mumbled.

"They may not now. But soon they will come to learn." Dino said.

"I hope you're right..." I muttered. Joe had the TV turned on and he looked worried as hell. I looked over to the TV and everyone fell silent.

"It's been a remarkable series of events today at the Capitol. Just moments ago, legislation was passed to exile the Autobots from American shores." I sighed. "The U. S. Military alliance with them is officially over. In the words of the House Majority Leader-the sponsor of today's resolution, we cannot in good conscience invite-" I looked away and heard silence. Joe had turned it off.

"Who'll protect them if you guys are exiled?" Joe asked sadly. I was supposed to protect them.

"We must respect the human's decisions." Optimus said. We heard the door open and saw Mearing looking at us sadly.

"It's time."

"Please- at least allow me to come and tell them my goodbyes." I asked. She nodded. I looked up at Jazz as he lowered me down. I kept my hand on his servos as I stepped off him. A soldier escorted me out of the room to get them ready for transport.

-/-

I stood in front of the Xantium with my arms crossed as I starred at the autobots being taken to the ship. Leadfoot and Roadbuster, the wreckers of the team, were on the transporter and began spatting at the soldiers.

"Gonna be ten thousand pounds of torque on that itsy-bitsy bolt, not nineteen!" Leadfoot shouted.

"You're gonna risk the lives of all me mates! I'll ball ya!" Roadbuster spat, he had an irish accent, which was ironic since we found him in Ireland.

"Bowie! Come on! You can't let them do this to us!" Leadfoot called to me.

"...I don't want to let them. But I have my own rules. I'm sorry..." The scoffed at me. Epps stood next to me.

"This is such a bitch." He huffed, shaking his head.

"Tell me about it."

"...I heard about Chris. Sorry." I narrowed my eyes at the floor and sighed.

"Everyone cheats once in a while. How could I have known? Besides, I'll be going to pick up Sherry when I have the time."

"Don't let that asshole bring you down. You're Commander Manuela, an immigrant turned to a world hero." I chuckled.

"You flatter me, Epps. But as of right now. I've been relieved. Just came to say goodbye."

"Epps?! Bowie!" We turned and smiled at Sam.

"What's up man?" He and sam had their bro handshake.

"What are you two doing here? I thought you were fired, Bowie."

"No need to sprinkle salt on the wound, kid. Came to say goodbye."

"I retired from the Air Force. Can you let my hand go?" I raised a brow, Sam looked like he was struggling. "What the hell was that? Now I just consult to run interference for them, kinda like what Bowie did. No more combat and aliens shooting at my ass. I got a dream job." He explained as we walked with him. I greeted Topspin as he worked. "Kicking the Autobots out. Can you believe this is happening?"

"No. I still don't." I muttered.