Chapter 1️⃣5️⃣

(RM's POV)

After that realisation, the first thing that I wanted to do the next morning was just to run to Taehyung and tell him that he had a chance. But, of course, could not do that. Knowing Taehyung, he'd get super excited and end up scaring Jungkook away. So, this choice was out of the question. Another thing that I was wondering about was Jin's situation. I couldn't help but be worried about him. With all these thoughts weighing me down, I headed downstairs to eat breakfast.

“Morning, son” Dad greeted me from behind the newspaper he was reading.

“Morning, Joonie!” Mom also showed up from inside the kitchen, bringing the smell of French toasts along with her.

“Good morning guys!” I replied as I took a seat in front of father, suddenly feeling very hungry.

“Are they good?” mom asked and I eagerly nodded my head in reply, “Sweetie...is something bothering you?” she continued.

What is she talking about... I stared at her questioningly.

“You seem a bit out of it... since last night.  You were late so I couldn't ask you then...”

I continued staring at her blankly, feeling helpless, Mom looked at dad for support, “Do you like someone, son?”

I was flabbergasted enough to dive right inside their minds, only to find pure curiosity and the urge to help. Snapping myself back to reality, I replied, “Not real-”

“Oh come on, Joonie! We were once your age too...we know.”

“Yeah son...who's the girl? You need some advice?”

I didn't know what happened but like a stupid person, I fell right into their net, “Boy.” that one word was enough to make me want to slap myself. Now they'll never leave me alone...

Just as I had expected...Mom squealed in happiness and Dad looked proud, “I knew it!” Mom giggled, “It's Seokjin, right?”

“Mom!”

“See? I told you! Those tutoring sessions were all crap...they went out on dates.” Mom told Dad, completely ignoring me.

“We are not dating, Mom...” I sighed.

“No? Oh...”

“Ask him to come over.” Dad suddenly suggested.

“Yeah! Invite him!”

“Oh my god! It doesn't work like that...! We are not even that close...”

“Then ask his friends to come over too! It won't be awkward then!”

“Calm down, Mom...” but the idea wasn't that bad. I can invite Jungkook too... Contemplating the thought I took a bite.

Surprisingly enough, both of them calmed down after that. Feeling grateful, I finished the rest of the toasts in peace and soon it was time for me to leave.

At school though, my plan of inviting them first failed as both Jin and Taehyung were late. It was a busy day for me too, so I had no chance of talking to them till lunchtime.

But when lunchtime arrived, I helplessly watched as Jin walked out of the classroom with Yoongi and Hoseok as soon as the bell rang. While my attention was on Jin, Taehyung also disappeared somewhere with Jimin.

How am I going to find them now... there's not enough time!

So, as I walked through the hallways, frantically searching for them, I thanked the gods above for letting me eat so much in the morning because otherwise, I would be dead from hunger by now.

“Hyung!”

“I'm busy!” I snapped and continued walking, realising only later that it was Jungkook., “Oh hey...sorry I...”

“You look stressed...” he stared at me with concern.

“I just have this unreasonable sense of urgency.” I chuckled, seeing the younger made me instantly calm.

“What's the matter?”

“Ah... actually I'm looking for my fr- um friends.”

“Oh, you mean Taehyung?”

“Yeah, and others too... have you seen him?”

“Um...no. Wantmetolookforhim?”

“What?”

“Should I... look for him?”

“Why would you?”

“Oh! Well... you are looking for him and I just wanted to help you.”

“Why would you help him?” someone shouted from behind me.

What is this? Telepathy?

Yah Taehyung! Listen I've something to say.” I replied without wasting any time.

He tilted his head in response and leaned against the wall, his gaze not upon me. I didn't have to read anyone's mind to know that he wasn't paying any attention to me.

“Let's hang out at my place. This Sunday.”

“Why?”

“Just wanted to spend time with everyone. Jungkook, you need to come too.”

“Me too?”

“I'll come if he goes,” Taehyung said out of nowhere, looking directly at Jungkook.

As I opened my mouth to interfere, the bell rang and Jungkook hurriedly left without giving an answer.

“Well...at least I tried.” Taehyung sighed, “I'll come, I guess...”

I nodded my head in acknowledgement and we started walking towards our classroom together.

When am I gonna ask Jin though...

~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

Sorry I'm a little late...