Chapter 4️⃣

(RM's POV)

Classes for that day were finally over.

I shuddered at that. To hell with you Kim Taehyung... Does this even make sense? I don't even know where the detention rooms this! I paused...that...I do know where it is for I have escorted countless students there. But still...

I sighed, for I don't know many times that day, and started packing my bag. Very foolishly, I had gone to Mr Yoon during lunchtime, hoping that he'd let me go, but he didn't.

“Hey Smartypants...need some company?”

This voice...

“Taehyung shut up! Is that how you talk to someone?!” Seokjin said from beside me. I had completely forgotten about his presence.

“Sorry my parents didn't teach me anything...” giving Seokjin a cold stare, Taehyung left.

“Namjoon... sorry about that...he...”

Now you notice me?

...a bit weird.”

Weird?!

Who!?” my voice was a little louder than necessary.

You are weird too...” “Taehyung...”

I froze at his thought, Wahh now everyone thinks I'm weird...Good! Fantastic! “Ok bye.” and I left for the detention room.

When I reached the room though, surprisingly enough Taehyung wasn't there.

“Kim Namjoon?” the teacher in charge inquired.

“Yes.”

“Go sit somewhere.” pointing at all the empty desks, there was only 3 people in there.

Nodding my head in reply I sat down on one of the desks, behind a guy who looked younger than me.

“Don't make any sound. Don't leave the room unless you need to use the restroom.” “All these brats cause trouble and I get stuck with them.”

“So... what am I supposed to do here?” I looked around to see what others were doing. The two behind me were... sleeping... And the guy in front of me was doodling.

I tried to concentrate but to my dismay no one was thinking about anything, sighing I fetched out a book from my bag and started reading it.

Around 30 minutes later the door opened, quite forcefully, and Taehyung walked in.

What's up with this guy barging in while I'm reading...

The teacher didn't acknowledge him nor did he acknowledge the teacher and sat down beside the guy in front of me. The latter literally flinched when Taehyung sat down beside him.

And after that everything went quiet again and I had to spend the next one hour in complete silence. Never had I ever been bothered by the silence that much.

“Okay you guys can leave.” the teacher said as soon as the bell rang and left without wasting any time.

Someone else left in a hurry too, the guy in front of me quickly packed his stuff and rushed out of the room.

I was half expecting Taehyung to say something but I found him gazing at the door intently and before I could say anything he left too.

Alone in the room I stared at the desk in front of me and noticed an eraser, “He must have left it behind...” I picked it up and got out of the room too.

Quite fortunately for me, the guy from earlier was walking down the hallway, “Hey!” I jogged up to him.

“Umm... y-yes?”

“You forgot about your eraser.” I handed the object over.

“Oh, thanks...”

“I'm Kim Namjoon. What's your name?”

My question had both of us shocked. My reason was that I had never voluntarily made friends and that was exactly what I was doing. Maybe, he looked shocked because of the same reason too.

“J-Jeon Jungkook...” his eyes widened for some reason, “I have to go...bye.” and he almost ran away.

“What just happened...”

“What were you two talking about?”