The Journey Ahead (26)

Wow it's been a while since I updated like... Wow. So sorry for not posting! School had been a real pain and still is, I try to write when I can, and I'm also branching out into my two new books! The first one is called Found Again and the second is still in the works, but it is the other Norman choice for those who voted :)

It seemed like forever until we finally started to get answers out of Aaron. He would try and dodge it as much as possible, but Rick was at his breaking point and couldn't stand his 'game' much longer.

Once we figured out what we were doing and where we were going, everyone except Rick, Aaron, Judith and I went out to go and search the area for any signs of a threat. Daryl came up to me and wrapped his arm around my shoulders and pulled me in for a side hug, planting a kiss on my temple. I fell into his grasp and ended up being engulfed completely.

"Be safe. For me." I said mumbling into his shoulder. He rested his chin on top of my head and stared off into the distance.

"Who else?" He said. I pulled away and gave him a smile as he turned and followed everyone else out of the barn.

////

Rick was walking around the barn over and over again trying to calm Judith down. Her screaming echoed all around the room and almost caused me to go deaf.

"Rick, let me try," I said standing up. He hesitated for a moment but then nodded and passed her off to me. I held her close and pressed her head close to my chest. She was somewhat better, but the crying still continued.

"There's applesauce in my bag, you saw it right?"

Rick looked from Aaron back to the bag and then made his way over and snatched the applesauce. He put some on a spoon and practically shoved it in Aaron's face. He refused and turned his head, looking to Rick in disbelief.

"Do you really think I'd try to poison your baby daughter? You've made it clear that you would stab me in the skull."

"Eat it."

"... I don't like applesauce. My mom used to make me eat foods I didn't like, said it would make me be tough."

I stepped in and snatched the spoon from Rick and tasted the applesauce. The look on Ricks face was complete shock, while Aaron just watched patiently.

"It's fine Rick, not dead yet." I said. I then looked to Aaron, seeing that Rick wanted to see if it wasn't dangerous and have him try it, I attempted to reason with him.

"Aaron, can you please do this for me? It's just one spoon full, not gonna kill Ya."

"Depends." Rick uttered. I rolled my eyes and gave the applesauce to Aaron. He willingly accepted it, but cringed the whole time. I leaned back and smiled at Rick, but saw only anger evident on his face. I switched my gaze to the floor and took the applesauce to the back to feed Judith, leaving a Rick with Aaron. Although I was out of sight, I still heard every word they said to each other. I was mentioned for some reason.

"I like her, she's nice." Aaron said, I smirked at the comment and laughed at it in my head. Oh if he only knew.
////

Later on, the rest of the group came back and we were told what to do when night came around. Rick, Michonne, Glenn, Aaron and I would lead driving to the camp Aaron talked about, while the others followed in the RV they found.

We were heading down the road and all seemed peaceful. I sat in between Michonne and Aaron, cramped as ever. Everything was going smoothly until Michonne noticed something in Aaron's pictures.

"You have a house?"

"Yes, and you will too, all of you will. There's plenty to go around." Michonne smiled and I couldn't help but smirk too, thinking that this might actually work out.