Chapter 19 - The Sequence Hall

Kai's entire body tensed as our lips met passionately. I put my hand over Kai's on the ground and he relaxed, kissing me back. It was almost as if he was cautious because it caught him off guard. I thought I was leading it, however, the tables turned when Kai turned into the dominant and my entire body felt like it was on fire. Our lips fit perfectly together and synchronized in motion and as Kai put his right hand on my cheek to pull me in closer--

"Ahem!" Scarlet yelled,"Still here! And you know who else is here, somewhere in this building? Our friends!"

I pulled away quickly, remembering our large dillema and looked at Scarlet who caught my eye. She stared between Kai and I, shaking her head with something indescribable but painful in her eyes. Why? She snapped her head towards the dead body of the guard which we seemed to all forget about and walked towards him. With every step she took, I could see her hands clenching more and more around her dagger which she held in her hand.

"She's right," I heard Kai say beside me,"That was amazing baby, however, we need to get going."

I blushed when I heard the pet name then looked at him, taking my gaze off Scarlet who was now searching the guard for, what I was guessing, something that could help us get out of here. Kai was staring right back at me with a confused expression.

"Why'd you kiss me?" He stuttered a bit.

I bit my lip subconsciously at how adorable he was when he was flustered. Unexpected from the leader of a deadly group of people, but sure. His eyes darted down to my lips for only a split moment before looking back at me with raised eyebrows.

I was just about to answer his question before I remembered what Scarlet had said.

"We'll talk about it later." I told him getting up, "We need to find the rest and get out of here, quickly."

He got up as well, agreeing as he went to the left door again.

"Maybe the keys can open the door?" Kai wondered aloud.

I thought about his reasoning,"Wait, would they really put us all near each other?"

Scarlet stood up with a folded piece of paper in her hands and her eyes darted towards me. Kai also stared at me and the two sets of eyes urged me to continue with my reasoning.

"I mean, if anyone wanted us apart, they wouldn't put us in a room next to each other. Knowing the old witch, she out of everyone knows what each and every one of you are capable of. And I hate to admit it, but when it comes to doing evil business, she's not that oblivious. She wouldn't put all of you next to each other..." I shook my head,"There has to be something else. I know it." I put my hand on my chin, deep in thought.

"Hate to admit it, however, she does have a point. I know my mom, she wouldn't be that oblivious." Scarlet agreed with me. Well, that was a first.

We both looked at Kai, waiting for his response to the situation. He was staring at the ground with an intense look taking over his beautiful features. After minutes of contemplation, he spoke.

"They're in the rooms next to us," He explained looking up and meeting our gazes with a smartass smirk,"Edei would've wanted us to think that they are in a different building, preferably the building that was surrounded by guards that we saw on the way here. The building the boys and I stayed in when she was experimenting on us. However, that fact doesn't add up because when they split us up into three groups, they dragged them down the Sequence Hall."

Scarlet's eyes grew and nearly popped out of her skull,"Are you sure it was the Sequence Hall?"

What was that?