𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 8

𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 8
NNENNA'S POV

•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Truly, today's midweek service was one of a kind, I would not forget it in a haste. Since I was living in the hostel, I decided to join a fellowship ministry in school. I started going to The Father's Place, the fellowship center Helen worships with. At first, I was just comfortable around Helen alone until slowly, I left my shell.

I blended with the crowd.

Being the shy type, I joined the decoration unit of the ministry because I did not want any reason to stand up amidst a large number of people. Asides from that, I wanted to learn something else asides books, and the members in this unit have been willing to support me in that area.
I usually come for decoration classes and also help to set up the place we use as the venue on fellowship days. With time, I became conversant with the basic styles.

Bro. Tayo, as we fondly called him, was in the spirit when he was giving the sermon of today's service. He spoke on the topic ‘Forgiveness’, which touched many hearts.
I did not know about others, but I felt like the message was specifically prepared for me. It was as if the Lord knew that I was harbouring ill thoughts and grudges towards someone.

I did not want the message to pass in vain, and not do anything about it. I was thinking of putting it into practice soonest and knew whom to start with.
For a long time, I had an idea that David was schooling on this same campus, I prayed not to bump into him nor have anything to do with him.
Which was close to impossible because we offered a couple of science courses together. Whenever I saw him, I pretended to not know him. A childish move on my part, however, the only way I knew to play things safe.

At a point, he understood the game I was playing and stopped trying to talk to me. He stayed away too whenever he sighted me. I could still remember what he did to me like it happened yesterday. Nevertheless, I finally decided to free myself by forgiving him. ‘There was no point bearing loads of grudges around when one could be the epitome of love and source of happiness to the people around—Bro Tayo's words, not mine.

I sent him a text on Facebook which he replied. We decided to meet at Hotspot's Place—an eatery located at the heart of the school environment where students have some get-together time. The restaurant stood at the center of the vast school garden having many beautiful flowers that lured students to take pictures often.

After packing a few essentials into my large backpack, I took my time to get ready. The navy blue shirt-gown I planned to wear, has been ironed out and hung on the door. I ensured that the leather sandals were in good shape as well because I wanted to go straight to the motor park after the meeting with him.

“Hia! This one that you're dressed like this, is there something that you want to tell me?” Helen queried as she walked into the room.

I rolled my eyes playfully at her but ignored her still. She was always one to stick her nose in my business however, she kept hers a secret. I knew she would bring up the matter until she got a satisfactory response but I wanted to linger on feeding her curiosity.

After taking off her jeans, she strutted to the kitchen wearing just red-lace panties and a large black blouse, which was one of the pecks of living with the same gender.
I heard the clanging of pots and pans, meaning that she was making something to eat.

When I got satisfied with how I styled my natural hair into a bun and did some fancy brows at the front, I took off the bathrobe I had on then slid into the shirt-gown. I double-checked my bags for my transport fare and student identification card, put on my sandals, and applied final touches like lipgloss to my lips, and mascara to my lashes. I smuggled Helen's deodorant spray and drizzled it over myself, she was going to tell I used it. However, I knew she would not be so mad. She was extravagant to a fault and would hardly realize which of the spray I used.