Chapter 14

TM 14

-/-
Melissa's POV
-/-

I walked along with Laura, we were having a very interesting conversation about ducks. Ducks? Yes, ducks. Someone bumped into me and I looked properly and saw it was Chelsea.

"Chelsea! What the hell? Who's that?" I yelled, pointing at the guy she was with. Heh, Chelsea was with a guy. Heh.

"Oh, this is Niall, right now we're running away from Yami, he's angry. We stole his nachos and put them in the bin. GOT TO GO BYE!" She ran off. What the hell?

"Alright then." Laura laughed.

"My friends are weird." I said, mentally face-palming as I watched Yami race after them, yelling 'You evil little punks!'

"Let's go in here!" Laura laughed, pulling me into an ice-skating rink, I didn't even know these still existed! She paid for two pairs of skates and we promptly started falling on our butts. There were much more professional skaters twirling and doing graceful turns, I was so jealous. I wished I could look so peaceful, spinning and swirling... But here I was, on my butt, at least Laura could move away from the handle a bit. She grabbed the handle and reached out for my hand.

"Come on, get up, you can't give up yet. NEVER GIVE UP! That's my motto." She stated, pulling me up. Then out of the corner of my eye I saw a black wolf and a graceful girl that looked like....... Brooke?

"Brooke!" I yelled out. She ignored me and skated into the middle, with what I could only assume was Ross stumbling behind. By now, everyone was staring at her. She stopped and Ross flew past her and crashed into the wall. She giggled and then started an elaborate routine just to show off. Just because her power is ice doesn't mean she can be that much of a show off.

Laura and I waddled out of the rink and slipped our normal shoes on. Brooke finished and received an enthusiastic round of applause from the guests. She flew out of the rink and tied up her sneakers before wandering over to us.

"Show off." I muttered.

"Hey! At least I know it works!" She patted her dress. "I hate wearing dresses."

"Well then why are you wearing one?!" I said angrily.

"Hey, don't get mad at me. I just wanted to make an entrance. You're just jealous."

"Jealous of what, your inability to do anything?!"

"Girls, calm down." Laura said.

"No! She has a problem with my power! I was born with this and I happen to like it very much!" Brooke yelled.

"Actual-" Laura tried to intervene but was stopped when I shouted as I felt some ice land on me.

"NOW YOU'VE MADE ME WET!" This made Brooke chuckle.

"Shut up! Brooke seems to have a problem with me in general so I'm leaving!" I waltzed out, Laura running after me.

"What the hell was that?" She hissed when we got outside.

"I- I don't know. It felt like I was being controlled by....... Something."

"Shit, that's not good. Did you have any control over your actions?" I shook my head. I couldn't feel it now, but before it felt like someone was inside my brain, controlling it. It was like I was watching myself do these things. I hope it never happens again. I shivered.

"Come on, let's get you back to the castle. We need to check in with Julian. Julian is our doctor. He's pretty young but he's the best." ((A/N guess what it's freaking Julian.))

And then we traveled back to the castle. I stumbled slightly when I landed on the castle island, but I was otherwise okay. I think I'm getting used to this kind of travel. Laura led me through various hallways before stopping in front of a white door. I could hear a conversation going on inside about oysters. Laura opened the door and pushed me in, leaving me with whoever was in here.

Oh okay.

..............um

There was a guy who I could only assume was Julian helping Lyra with her knee. Lyra has always had trouble with her knee. Julian was quite tall, tanned skin, and dark hair. He was feeling Lyra's knee and talking about oysters.

"Um, hi." I said quietly.

"Oh! Hello! I didn't hear you coming in!" Julian stood up.

"Hi, Melissa!" Lyra called out.

"So, what's wrong with you?" I told him what had happened.

"Oh, shit." He ran over to his table and grabbed a needle thing.

"Now... This won't hurt a bit..."

Oh shit.

-/-
Becky's POV
-/-

I waltzed around the bookstore with Annabeth, we were both in our element. SO MANY BOOKS!!! We were both in heaven. She had found the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series and was already half way through the third book, The Titan's Curse. Never underestimate Annabeth's reading skills. We'd only been here half an hour and she'd already read that much. Even I couldn't read that fast.

Apparently the series was about them, but about greek myths because the author didn't know what their powers were so he made a whole series about it. She kept laughing at all the ludicrous explanations for their powers.

I was reading a book called "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find them." It was sort of an add on to the amazing series Harry Potter, which I have read 4 times.

Suddenly Chelsea and some blond dude ran into the bookstore and hid behind a shelf. Alright then. They both sighed as Yami raced past the bookstore.

"What the hell are you guys doing?" I asked loudly. "Who is that?"

"That's Niall, we are running away from Yami. He's angry because we stole his nachos and chucked them in the bin. I think we're safe now." They stood up.

"Hi." Niall held out his hand. I shook it.

"Nice to meet you. How the hell did you meet Chelsea?"

"He was in the food court and he helped me steal Yami's nachos. GOT TO GO BYE!!" Chelsea shouted as Yami ran into the bookstore. Alright then.

"I think it's time we got back." Annabeth said, having finished the third book. "It's almost six."

"Okay. I wonder what everyone else did?" I asked.

"Eh, someone probably died." Annabeth said nonchalantly. I laughed.

Someone probably did die.

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

Ahahhahahahahahhahahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

My friends were going to kill me if I didn't update this.

Blub blub.
~Sophie