Chapter 18

TM 18

-/-
Becky's POV
-/-

I trudged back to my room quietly. Trott was now human I guess... What did Katie's message mean?

Don't trust anyone? I could trust my friends, right?
I think so.
I got changed into some clothes instead of pyjamas and jogged towards the training room. I was late.

When I arrived, everyone else had started already and Percy was tapping his foot impatiently, waiting for me. When he saw me, he immediately grabbed my hand and dragged me over to our area, complaining that I shouldn't be late and when I protested that I had to get changed out of my pyjamas, he gestured to the other girls who were still in their pyjamas. Oh.

He then started trying to splash water in my face while I had to try and protect myself with my power of madness. I didn't succeed as soon I was soaking after a few attempts. Percy told me to take a break as he was looking pretty tired.

Suddenly an alarm started blaring loudly, interrupting Brooke and I's conversation about books. Everyone started looking around weirdly until Ross ran in and told everyone to get to their rooms immediately. We jogged back into our rooms, everything going really quickly.

Soon after we arrived in our room, Ross ran in and told us to not come out until he told us it was safe. What the hell is going on? Maybe some evil people were trying to kill us, I wouldn't doubt that.

As the alarm continued blaring, I found my thoughts turning to my family. According to Trott, time travels normally, but with everyone except Mysticals remembering you existed. My parents were thinking about divorce. My brother and sister didn't see it but it was crystal clear to me. They hardly went a day without fighting about some random thing. I know that other people have been through this kind of thing, but since I wasn't there I didn't know what was happening and they could be filing papers right now. I started tearing up. I didn't want them to break up without me there, I didn't want two houses, I didn't want to have different relationships with my parents, I didn't want to be carted around all the time...

I leaped up and ran out of the room, ignoring Melody's protests. I don't care about breaking rules at this point. I just needed to get away. When were we going to go back to the real world? I can't stand being here for much longer without knowing what's going on at home.

I finally stopped running and ducked under a table. There was a storm going on outside. There was shouting and screaming and the sound of magic going off. I guess I was right, people are attacking the castle. I hugged my knees and started sobbing. I missed my family... A lot. I should have said goodbye or something, seeing as we will have to go and defeat this evil because we are the prophecy girls and I might not make it back...

I jumped as someone touched my shoulder, hitting my head on the table. Ow. I turned around and saw that it was Leo.

"Becky! You should be in your room!" Leo scolded, but his face softened when he saw I was crying. "Hey... What's the matter. Don't cry." He wrapped his arms around me and I sobbed into his shoulder, leaving tear stains on his jumper, but he didn't seem to care. He patted my back and whispered little comforts, such as 'you're going to be fine' and 'I'm here for you'. He helped a lot. I also didn't realise someone could be so cuddly.

After I'd calmed down we sat up against the wall, still under the table and stayed quiet for about ten minutes, listening to the shouting and storm outside.

"Shouldn't you be out there?" I asked Leo quietly.

"Nah, they'll be fine. Besides, you need me. Emma, Elizabeth and a few others came for an attack, they'll be dispersed soon enough. What's the matter, anyway?" He turned to me.