CHAPTER 1

Doctor Jayesh Nath, (in his early 50s) drove his car over the empty streets in the city. He looked at his wrist watch which displayed 8:55 AM and gear up his car as he was being late for his office.

He arrived at RAIKANT RESEARCH CENTRE where he parked his car at the parking lot. He entered the building and came through his secretary Shweta who was in her early 30s.

" Morning sir. " She wished him.

" Very good morning. " He replied back.

He added " So what's the today's update. "

They walked upstairs while she handed over him a file.

He asked " What's this? "

" Dr. Tej will attend the session today. "

" About what? "

Dr. Nath went through the file and was startled to see a word ' GREEN BLOOD '.

He exclaimed " Green Blood! I had warned him not to aggravate the issue again. "

Dr. Tej was about to begin the presentation among the Board and his fellow scientists who were sitting in a conference pattern table. They all had files of the project ' GREEN BLOOD ' .

" So I believe everyone has got the file. And today I am going to present my project which you might not be familiar with. Let's begin with the intro part. "

" Let me start first. " An male voice came in the room.

Everyone turned left at backside to the door only to see Dr. Nath who walked inside towards Dr. Tej.

Dr. Nath told him " Project GREEN BLOOD was just an idea which came into my brain. I had discussed the same with you but we had shut down the project because of the complications. I had warned you earlier against the project. "

" I am sorry Dr. Nath I am unable to get it what you are talking about. You must let the meeting go on. You are just killing my time.. …….Please. "

Chairman Doctor Farooq interrupted the conversation,

" Dr. Nath you have already got ten minutes later. I order you to let Dr. Tej continue the meeting. "

Dr. Nath walked towards him

" You are not trying to understand what am I talking about. The project he is talking about can bring massacre among the humans. We had launched the project an year ago but we shut it down when we came to know about its outcomes. "

Dr. Tej interrupted " Sorry to interrupt sir but I would like to say that the experiment was done on a monkey and they were not considered the valid subject. We needed a human body for this one. Because humans can control their brain unlike monkeys. "

Dr. Nath shouted at him angrily " You are not talking professionally Dr. Tej. In this way you are going to make an end to the humankind. "

He turned to Dr. Farooq, " Sir please don't believe on this man. GREEN BLOOD is not just a project but it's a key to end of the humanity. "

" Please shut down this meeting. "

Dr. Farooq was interrupted by his secretary who whispered in his ear. He nodded his head as a reply.

Soon he announced " We need to cancel this meeting right now. "

Dr. Tej tried to interrupt him but Dr. Farooq warned him " I am sorry Dr. Tej but Dr. Nath is true. The project had been reviewed earlier by the committee. They can't harm a human life for such a sensitive project. "

Director Anil Joshi walked out of his chamber with Dr. Tej's project files in his hands. Dr. Tej walked to him.

Before he could ask him something, the director said " Just take your files and walk out of here to your home. "

" What does that mean to walk home? "

" I have your resignation letter on my table. Don't panic you've been fired after we reviwed your previous actions which were not known to us. "

Dr. Tej took his files and walked away.

" Don't forget to leave your ID card on the the reception. "

The elevator arrived at the ground floor. The door opened. Dr. Tej walked out to the reception and handed over his ID card to the receptionist.

" They fired you sir? " The lady asked him.

" No. I have resigned myself. This job sucks. Really. "

Dr. Tej walked out of the building. He tore his files and threw them into a dustbin. He went to the parking lot and looked at Dr. Nath through the transparent window glass, while he was having a conversation with Shweta.

He drove away his car from the parking lot.

During evening at a grocery store, Shweta dropped some bread, butter, tea leaves and cold drink bottles in the basket. She paid bills at the counter and walked out of the store with all her stuff in a bag.

She got in her car at driver's seat. She was about to ignite but found a card near the steering wheel. She opened the card in which it was written ' PLEASE TURN AROUND '. She turned back and found a medium size teddy bear. She immediately stepped out of the car since she was baffled a little bit.

" Looking for someone. "

She turned around after listening to the male voice. It was Dr. Tej near her car. He walked towards her.

" Dr. Tej? "

" You look like something has scared you. "

" What's all this? "

" It's just a little favour. Actually I didn't attend your birthday last month so I decided to gift you something before leaving the company. "

" You could have told me earlier. "

" We don't inform someone about surprises. "

" Oh! …. Thank you Dr. Tej. "

" Well. Actually I need a favor. I am going to even pay you for that . "

Dr. Neelam Awasthi who was a lecturer at a science university left her classes after the period got over.

She greeted one of her fellow with a smile while going through the corridor.

Dr. Neelam walked to her car and got her key out to unlock the door. While driving she got a chat notification in her mobile from an unknown number.

She checked the chat in which the sender had sent a picture of her daughter Sonia Awasthi which got her to remain in shock for a while.