CHAPTER 20

Dr. Tej kept his cigarette on the table in the living room on the ground floor. DM DHRUV MISHRA was sitting on his chair with his hands and legs tied with a duct tape ans and so his mouth was. The house belonged to DM DHRUV MISHRA.

Dr. Tej said, " Mr. Dhruv. I really liked your interview. "

He sat before him on a chair.

" You know.... I don't know why..... But you have got me irked since you have told them that you would punish the culprits. "

Dhruv began to mumble as his mouth was tied with tape. Dr. Tej stood up and removed the tape from his mouth.

" This is what I had got to say during an interview. And let me know, are you working with someone? " Dhruv asked.

" No I am not working for someone. I work alone. And for kind of your information, the attacks were carried out by me. "

Dhruv got panicked.

" But you are a biologist, doctor? Then why all this? "

" Because this is the fate of humanity. This world is filled with sinners. They have to pay for their own sins. "

" I didn't understand. "

" You don't have to. Have you ever imagined a society with a new law and order? "

" I can't imagine a world which is ruled by a monster like you. "

Dr. Tej stood up from his chair. He took out a notepad from the table drawer and wrote a message on the page with a marker.

' PRAY FOR THE DECEASED ONES '.

In an art gallery, the manager SARIKA  DHEER (in her early forties) gave a brief description about a painting which was placed on a wall to a dozen of visitors.

While describing she spotted ANUP DHAWAN who was standing away from the visitor group. He was looking at another painting which was of a wolf. ANUP came closer to the painting of wolf.

" That's made by my husband. " SARIKA told him.

Anup turned to his right where she was there. She came closer to him.

" No one has ever wanted to see this painting very closely. "

Anup replied, " Actually I am not interested in the painting. I am willing to have a conversation with the artist. "

" You want to meet my husband? "

" If you can, please.. "

" I have to fix your appointment with him. "

" What does he do, actually? "

" Well, he is just a..... "

" If I say he is a military contractor then I don't think it would be wrong so.. "

" Excuse me? "

" Your husband's name has been involved in the connection of Dr. Nath's murder. "

" He is just an owner of this art gallery. He has no connection with Dr. Nath. Even he doesn't know him. "

" As I said he is a military contractor. He had got paid to murder Dr. Nath and for which he sent an assassin KARAM who was in his regular contact. "

" I have no news about it. "

" Well, he could be saved from imprisonment if he makes a negotiation. "

SARIKA and ANUP went inside an elevator. The elevator door was about to close but a pate sized hand stopped the door from closing. A bald headed man having the plate sized hand entered inside the elevator. He was six feet and three inches tall and seemed like an assassin.

SARIKA pressed the eighth floor button. The elevator began to move upward. The bald man looked at ANUP with his side eyes. ANUP got his eyes on the floor indicator. Then he noticed the bald man who was trying to pull out something slowly from his right pocket.

As the indicator displayed third floor, the elevator stopped suddenly.

" What's wrong? " She asked panicking.

The bald man got a small knife out of his pocket and attacked him. Anup held the right hand of the man with both of his hands. The man pushed away Anup with his other hand and again tried to attack him with the knife but Anup kicked him and the man rammed with the elevator wall.

Anup punched him on his stomach thrice . SARIKA picked up the knife. The bald man stopped his fourth punch and lifted him up from both of his hands. He was about to hurl him on the ground but SARIKA attacked the bald man on left leg. He dropped Anup and bend down on knees to cover his injury.

Then the man tried to snatch knife from SARIKA but Anup held the neck of the bald man from his back and broke his joints. The bald man died.

The elevator door opened at eighth floor. ANUP and SARIKA walked out of that leaving the bald man dead inside. They walked through the corridor and arrived at a cabin. SARIKA swiped her ID card on the slot of the door. The door got opened. They entered inside the cabin. They found MANAN DHEER who was lying down with his head on table while sitting on chair.

Anup came to him and lifted his shoulders. He saw a gunshot on his forehead and was bleeding from his head. SARIKA got panicked and came near to him. They walked out of the cabin together to the corridor.

" You aren't safe here anymore. " Anup warned her.

He added, " You need to hide somewhere for a few days except your home. "

SARIKA's blue hatchback was parked in the parking lot. SARIKA and ANUP get inside the car. SARIKA was on the driving seat, she ignited the car.

" Do you remember any hotel or a guest house which is around two or three miles away from your house? "

She nodded her head and replied, " I'll find one. "

" You have to check in today and stay there for atleast a couple of days. They could be looking for you around. "

Sub Inspector Jatin was having a face chat on his laptop with NAIRA. He was standing while making coffee with a coffee maker.

He asked her, " Where are you right now mam? "

NAIRA replied, " I am in LONDON right now with my son VINEET. "

" How old he is? "

" He will be sixteen this year. "

Jatin poured the coffee in a cup and sat before the laptop screen and adjusted the webcam.

" Am I visible to you? "

" Yes. "

" Why did you transfer your property to Dr. Tej? "

" I had no choice. If I didn't they would have killed me and my son. "

" How was Mr. VARUN's relation with Dr. VIPIN TEJ? "

" Truly, he never liked him. VIPIN always used to talk to him about his property and his wife SAMAIRA, she was like as if she had been following his footsteps. "

She added, " They are not good people. In order to get rid of them I came to LONDON with VINEET. "

" What if we get you a chance to testify against Dr. Tej in order to punish him to coerce you to transfer your property. "

" I wish I could help you, but I don't want to get involved in it. I have lost my husband and I don't think I should go for another turn that could risk my or VINEET's life. "