CHAPTER 6

Next morning, a car arrived near a cafe which was located near to Anup's residence. SHREYA walked out of the car and turned to the cafe. Anup was having his coffee at the corner table while reading the newspaper which had a headline of ' EX ARMY VETERAN'S BODY FOUND SHOT AT LATE NIGHT. '

SHREYA approached to the corner table and sat before him.

" You are a woman of your words. I thought you won't come. That's why I had already ordered my coffee. "

SHREYA smiled, " You need to practice to rely on strangers. "

Anup looked at her and had a sip.

" Strangers can't be relied upon. "

" Not everyone. You live in an rented apartment. Your lanlords were also once a stranger for you. "

" Well, I don't trust them even after two years. "

She chuckled.

He asked " What kind of coffee would you like to have? "

" Well, I am not here for coffee actually? "

She added " There is a bad news for you. "

" Bad news brings good luck for me. Go ahead. "

SHREYA got a bit aggressive, " It's a serious conversation I believe so. "

A waiter kept a plate of two bread slice with butter in front of Anup and left.

" I am having a breakfast right now. This is not my time for a serious conversation. "

" Listen to me Mr. Dhawan. He is going to make statement against you in the court. "

" Who is this HE? "

" Remember the forest ranger, whose you had left in the forest? There was a sole eye witness. "

" So your junior officer is going to send me in a life time imprisonment? "

" Obviously you have killed a government officer, what else you can expect? "

" You had told me that you would cover up the entire matter. "

" I tried but he can't keep his mouth shut. I even offered him a good package. "

" What should I do now? "

" You better hire a good lawyer. Someone you can rely upon. "

" Can I meet him? "

" Officially, you can't. "

" No one would come to know about the meeting. I'll keep it unofficial. "

SARJAN's body was moved out of the mortury and was kept in a facility for the post mortem. The nurse drew some blood from the body in a small container and handed put that on the table kept beside her.

Doctor GAUTAM entered inside the room and wore the mask and gloves to carry out the process.

He asked " Did you extract the blood? "

She answered " Yes. "

" Put that into the test. "

She picked up the blood sample from the table and turned to Dr. Gautam.

She said " It's a gunshot on his head. "

" Yeah. I see. "

In the forensic lab, SARJAN's blood was put to test by Dr. NITIN. He noted down some points while performing examination and also had a display presentation of tissues of blood in his lab monitor. He accessed the computer which displayed some constant changes in the blood.

Dr. Neelam parked her car at the parking lot of the railway station. She walked to the platform as her daughter was about to arrive. The railway station was uncrowded. The clock displayed eleven o clock.

A suspicious Black Sedan arrived near the railway station in which KARAM was seated on the driver's seat with his another fellow assassin AVRAM.

In a few moment, a train arrived at the station. NEELAM walked parallel to the AC compartment from which SONIA walked out with her backpack. She hugged her mother (Neelam) and cried for a moment as she might have came to know about her father's death.

They arrived at the car in the parking lot. They got inside and Neelam ignited her car. She drove the car outside the parking lot and saw ANUP before her.

He came to her, " Won't you mind if I ask you to hitch a ride? "

" I am sorry. I am already getting late. "

She was about to leave but he interrupted her,

" You are also involved in Dr. Nath's murder. Or you have been involved by someone else. "

She startled and looked at him.

" Who are you? "

" I am here for your help. He had contacted me just before his death to uncover the truth behind the incident. "

SONIA said, " Mom please allow him to get in. "

He chuckled, " Thank you dear. "

" Okay. "

He got at the back seat. The car moved out to the road and was secretly followed by the Black Sedan.

She asked " What else do you know about him? "

Anup was constantly looking at the rear mirror.

" At this hour you have been followed a Black coloured car. "

Neelam looked in the rear mirror the black sedan which was following them constantly.

" How do you know about? "

" They were also there at the railway station, waiting for you. They are professionals. "

SONIA asked " Are they going to harm us? "

" Not now. "

He added " Just keep straight and take a sharp left turn without indicator on my say. "

Neelam geared up her car and passed through a bus among the heavy traffic.
They crossed a square and kept moving straight. Neelam looked at the mirror and the black sedan was still chasing them. Anup got his eyes on a turning point. As the car arrived at the point,

" Now! " Anup shouted.

Neelam turned the car to the left turning sharply and speeded up the car. The black sedan arrived at the spot but couldn't spot Neelam's car as they had disappeared in the crowd.

They walked out of the car and searched the area nearby but in vain.

At Dr. Neelam's residence,

" His maid told me yesterday that you had paid him a visit that night before he was murdered. "

Anup said the line to Dr. Neelam while sitting at her lawn chair before her.

" It was a kind of surprise. We were about to have our twenty sixth anniversary next month. "

She added " I don't think if I have done something wrong. "

" No. Nothing wrong. But you pays a visit to your husband after a couple of years. And the same night he gets murdered. "

He added " That seems like an equation. "

She got disenchanted, " Are you trying to accuse me for my husband's death? "

" Calm down doctor. I am not accusing you directly. "

He added " I just want to ask you about the wine glass which you had stolen after finishing your drink with him. "