CHAPTER 19

LATE EVENING:

A news van arrived near District Magistrate office. A female news reporter Miss HEENA RAJ walked out with her cameraman. She went to the main entrance where an armed guard stopped them.

" Sorry mam. Sir is leaving for home. It's already 7 PM. "

She showed them a paper.

" We have an appointment. Our company had mailed him. "

DM DHRUV MISHRA (in his early fifties) turned off his computer and was about to stand but his assistant PRANAY (early thirties) walked in.

" There is a woman and a man who wants to meet you personally. "

" Are they from a media. "

" Yes. "

" Let them in. "

PRANAY went outside and HEENA walked inside with the cameraman.

DHRUV stood up.

" Please. Come in. "

They take them to the guest room where they sat opposite to each other on a cabriole sofa. The camera installed the camera on a stand to record the interview.

The camera told her to get ready to go live.

He said, " Three, two and... one. "

He turned on the camera.

" You are live now. "

HEENA spoke while facing the camera, " It is usually spoken that when something wrong happens, the law and order has to rise in order to overturn the threat..... Greetings to everyone I am HEENA RAJ and you are welcome to our show THE GREAT SPEAKER directly from our channel REPORT 69. Today we are directly covering from the office of the DISTRICT MAGISTRATE of our city and we have our DM Mr. DHRUV MISHRA as our interview speaker. "

She turns to DHRUV, " Mr. DHRUV, we welcome you again on our channel. "

" Thank you mam and to the channel for such an opportunity and I welcome and the crew in my office. "

" Mr. Dhruv two attacks have taken place in our city and the third one has been failed. Still the culprit hasn't been captured yet. What would you like to say about it? "

" Anything can't be said yet because everything is kept confidential. After the two successive attacks the third one had been failed. That simply indicates that the NIA and the law and order is alert about such acts. "

" Do you think the attacks have been executed by terrorists or it's a politically motivated act? "

" As I said nothing could be confirmed yet. None of the organization has claimed the attacks yet and hence till the investigation is finished anything told in public won't make it authentic. "

" One more question if it is confirmed that the attacks have been connected to our neighbour nation what could be the action plan then? "

" If it becomes true then this would be really a sensitive issue. The defense ministry could take a big step towards the counterterrorism. "

" According to you how long would it take to catch the culprit? "

" Listen Miss HEENA. The city and our country isn't new to face such attacks. We had previously also faced political conflicts and riots in our city. And always the law and order has proved their worth whether is it the local police department, CBI or the NIA. I assure that this time too we would be able to tackle those acts. "

" Thank you Mr. DHRUV for your time and for joining the conversation. "

She turned to camera again, " So, this was DM DHRUV MISHRA who has told us that nothing could be confirmed yet but he has assured that the culprits would be caught as soon as possible. Thank you sir again and here it's time to go off and we'll meet you tomorrow morning at 9 AM during our daily THE MORNING ALARM. "

While going in a white sedan, DM DHRUV was seated at the back seat and PRANAY was seated on the passenger seat besides the driver.

PRANAY said, " I was watching your interview on my phone. You looked damn good on camera. "

" Don't be a sycophant and call PANDEY. "

PRANAY dialled DSP GAGAN PANDEY's number on the phone. After a few rings DSP PANDEY attended the call.

" Good evening sir. " PANDEY wished him.

Pranay handed over the phone to Dhruv.

" When would you learn to attend the call earlier Mr. Pandey? " Dhruv asked.

" Sorry sir I was involved in a paper work actually. "

" Listen to me Mr. Pandey, did you get your hands on anything useful? "

" Yes sir we have found the man who was about to explode the shopping mall. "

" Good progress. "

" Yes, but he is dead. "

" So? "

" Yes. We have got his mobile phone and we are trying to figure out about his network. "

" Listen Mr. Pandey, there should not be another attack. "

" Anything wrong sir? "

" I believe there is someone who wants to replace me for the position. "

" Who? "

" I don't know but there is someone who want to make me to resign from my position. "

Next morning, Jatin entered the police station where DSP Pandey (in his late forties) came to him.

" Where is Inspector Shah? "

" He has gone to meet his informant at the lake. "

Pandey handed over him a paper.

He said, " They are call records of KARAM. "

" Yes sir. "

" And how you are doing now? "

" I am good sir. I have learnt a lot from Shah sir. "

" That's a good sign, son. Keep it up. "

" Sure sir. "

SHIVAM brought some fishes to his wooden house located at the bank of river. He went inside where Anup was sleeping on sofa whereas Shah was watching TV.

" Jackpot guys! " Shivam exlaimed.

Shah turned to him and Anup opened his eyes. Shivam had two big fish in both of his hands.

Shah asked, " Is it a carpo? "

" Yes. I got two carpos today. "

Anup woke up and sat on the sofa. Shivam cut the fishes into small pieces in his kitchen. Anup entered inside. He picked up a water bottle and poured into a glass. He drank the water.

" Where's the washroom? " Anup asked.

" Upstairs to the right. "

Jatin arrived at Shivam's house. He knocked the door. Inspector Shah opened and he went inside.

He sat besides him by the table on a chair.

" Pandey sir has given this call record of KARAM which they have got from his phone. "

" Go ahead. "

Jatin gave him the paper.

Jatin continued, " On analysing the record I found that he was connected with MANAN DHEER. "

" MANAN DHEER? "

SHIVAM walked out of the kitchen with a plate containing pieces of fish fries.

SHIVAM said, " MANAN DHEER is a founder of WOLVES. A contract killing group which usually involves imprisoned criminals who were previously accused of murders. "

Anup came downstairs to him and showed him a wolf card.

" Is it that one? " Anup asked him.

SHIVAM took the card. He looked at the wolf face of card.

" This looks exactly the same. Yes, they use it as their identity. "

Anup picked up a fried piece.