CHAPTER 7

A silver hatchback stopped near a teen boy, VINEET who was on his way to home on feet. The driver horned to the boy who looked at the car on his left. The car was driven by SAMAIRA TEJ and her ADVOCATE MR. JOSHI was sitting besides her.

She smiled at the boy and asked,

" Want to go home? "

The boy smiled at her as of he knows her. The boy got on the back seat.

" Thank you aunt. " The boy greeted her.

SAMAIRA geared up the car. She asked,

" How is your mom? "

" She is not well. "

" Well, I understand. "

He looked at Mr. JOSHI who had some files in his hand. Mr. JOSHI turned to him, smiled and stretched his hand for a handshake. VINEET handshake with him and smiled.

SAMAIRA stopped her car near to VINEET's house which was a mid sized house with a large terrace. VINEET climbed the ramp, and pressed the door bell. His mother NAIRA walked out of the room and opened the main gate and was surprised to see SAMAIRA with her Mr. JOSHI.

VINEET hugged her mother while she was constantly looking at SAMAIRA who smiled at her in a mischievous manner.
VINEET went to his personal room and shut the door. NAIRA served hot water to SAMAIRA and Mr. JOSHI who were in the dining room.

SAMAIRA turned to her, " How are you? "

NAIRA sat on the chair and had tears in her eyes. SAMAIRA softly held her shoulders to calm her down.

" NAIRA, you don't need to cry. Please. You have a kid to bring him up. "

She turned to Mr. JOSHI who nodded his head and kept a file and a pen before NAIRA.

NAIRA stopped crying.

She asked " What's this? "

SAMAIRA gave her a glass of water.

" Don't worry, it's for VINEET'S future. "

NAIRA kept the glass aside and thoroughly went through the file. She realised that the file had documents of a land which was bought by her husband, VARUN. She surprisingly turned to her.

SAMAIRA told her, " Sign the papers NAIRA. "

" No. I won't. "

" Sign the papers, please. "

" I said no. " ( NAIRA shook her head to indicated her denial)

Mr. JOSHI interrupted, " Mrs. NAIRA. Please. "

MR. JOSHI placed a hand gun before her. She was startled to see the gun. Then she again looked at papers.

SAMAIRA said " I won't tell you again. "

NAIRA looked at her " So it was you? "

SAMAIRA smiled and said " I have another way but I don't want to hurt your only son. "

NAIRA again got her eyes filled with tears and looked at her photograph placed on the wall. She picked up the pen and signed the documents.

Dr. Farooq who was busy on his ongoing phone call in his cabin was interrupted by his assistant PRIYA ( in her early 20s).

Dr. Farooq hung up the call and stood up from his chair.

He asked " Is he here? "

" Yes. "

He and his assistant walked to the lobby where ANUP was waiting for them.

" Glad to see you here Mr. Dhawan. "

ANUP chucked, he replied " It's my pleasure. So what's the deal? "

" Well, actually she is my assistant. She has called you upon my order because we have observed a mess in Dr. Nath's chamber. "

" Can I have the permission...? "

" Sure. "

PRIYA directed ANUP to Dr. Nath's chamber which she opened by inserting a card in a slot of which the sliding door got opened.

They went inside where ANUP found an empty container which was placed at the corner.

" Someone had infiltrated the lab last night as we found the storage empty today. "

Anup got his eyes deeper to the container and found a plastic cover on the biometric censor of the storage. He picked up the plastic cover and turned to Priya.

" Do you have your phone? " Anup asked her.

She pulled out her mobile phone and handed over to him. He turned on the flashlight and put it above the plastic cover which showed a finger print upon it.

He said " Someone has used Dr. Nath's fingerprints to steal the thing from his storage. "

He asked " Who else is allowed to enter the lab other than him. "

" SHWETA, but she hasn't been in contact with us for a long while. "

" Do you have a car? "

" Yes. "

ANUP and PRIYA walked out of the building and went to the parking lot where she directed him to her car which was a silver hatchback. PRIYA drove ANUP away from the site.

ANUP got his phone in his hand and dialled Inspector Shah's number.

" I want to meet you now. "

He hung up the call.

" What's the matter? "

Priya asked in a baffling manner " I didn't understand? "

He looked at her " Don't try to hide it. I know you know something. What's it? "

" I am sorry I am not allowed to speak about it to any investigator. "

He turned his head straight.

He said " I have not been involved in the official investigation in Dr. Nath's death. You can tell me. "

" Dr. Tej. Everyone thinks he is the one who has murdered him because he had a major fuss with him on his last day. "

" Was he fired or had he resigned from the company? "

" Dr. Tej was fired after his project was exposed by Dr. Nath and even they had an extreme opposition with each other. "

" What was the project about? "

" I don't know but it was some kind of a human experiment. "

PRIYA stopped the car at a roadside of a crowded lane. Anup walked out and shut the car door.

He crossed the lane to the other end. PRIYA left the place in her car. Anup went to an SUV and get on the front passenger seat where Inspector Shah was seated with a newspaper in his hand.

" You were in a hurry, I realized when we were on phone. "

" They have told me about his assistant who has been missing for a few days. "

" I too have got a lead. The man who was found dead in the changing room, was VARUN TEJ, elder brother of Dr. Tej. Dr. Tej has recently received property that belonged to VARUN."

ANUP said " Dr. Tej and Dr. Nath had an opposition upon a project that was not accepted by the company. "

He added " This could be a great lead. "

He was about to leave him but

" Why did you shoot him? "

" What do you know about him? "

Anup replied " SARJAN SINGH. He was not a man on whom anyone could rely on. He was suspended by his own regiment four times. "

" What for? "

" Breaching national security. "

" What? "

" That's all what I could say about him because anything else if said becomes quite sensitive. "