Twelve|Mandy & Atnas

After having listened to the judges critiques following our performance, we returned back to the audience, satisfied with a score of 26.

Considering Harvey genuinely expected to get all 4s, we were very happy, and to convey the amount of pride I felt, would be impossible.

The Tango was very difficult, and he had made a couple mistakes, but the power behind the dance, the overall drive, dramatics and the ability to pick those mistakes up and carry on, made it impressive.

Now, as we stood beneath the deep red lights, them casting over each partnership, we awaited the announcement of who was going to be in the dance off.

The inkling of hope that we would get another chance sparkled from within, diminishing with every couple that got through.

I physically felt both our hands shaking, Harvey's extremely sweaty against mine as we held them, having to wait a little while longer as Caroline and Johannes were the first to be revealed as in the dance off.

***

"I'm so proud of us." I squealed, going over and pulling him into the biggest hug imaginable.

He accepted the embrace, wrapping his arms around me, "I can't believe it, we're back again."

Today was not only the start of a new week, and learning a new dance, but we were in a whole new studio.

Plus it's my birthday in a few days.

I actually wouldn't want to spend my birthday any other way considering I am fully in love with this routine and we are yet to even perform it together.

"Monday morning, you ready?" I smirked after taking a few minutes to settle into the new surroundings, along with a quick warm up.

He grinned, "I am so ready, may I ask why you're so excitable though?"

"We're doing couple choice, and I know you're gonna especially love this style."

I kept it that.

***

"Love?"

"Love." Harv confirmed.

We'd just managed to get through the first basic run through.

Now our focus was on the gradual sharpening of movements, imprinting each step onto his brain, and improving any postural issues.

But before any of that business, something took priority.

We were going on a ghost hunt.

"I swear to god, if you scare me, I will purposely try to get Covid, purely for the fact I won't have to dance with you anymore."

His mouth dropped, "harsh much?"

"I call it an 'eye for an eye'."

We're in a new building, therefore an unfamiliar setting.

What does an unfamiliar setting create? An eerie atmosphere.

What do eerie atmospheres cause? Overthinking.

Therefore with the unsettled feeling at the pit of our stomachs and minds frantic in overdrive, we were on a mission of confirmation for the afterlife.

It didn't help that our rehearsal room was one of many completely empty spaces, ultimately giving weight to why we declared pretty much the rest of the building haunted in the first place.

The vibes were just off.

Whether it was the jazzed up mannequin in the girl's toilet just being judgemental today, or there was an actual presence, I'd be quite disturbed either way.