One|Fiery Mess

Friday 9th October 2020

I left the flat I'd been staying in for the past god knows how long. This series was going to be different that's for sure. All of us had to isolate in the same building for weeks. I'd left the apartment I share with 2 of my best friends, temporarily moving into a flat by myself for the length of the show.

Some of you may be wondering what the hell I'm on about...

This is my second year being a professional on Strictly Come Dancing and I couldn't be happier. The glitz, the glam, what's not to love!
Having been forced to dance by my mum since I was 2 years old, it's always been my thing, everything from Street and Commercial to the Charleston to the Viennese Waltz. My whole life practically works around dance.

I'm Ellie Stone, a normal girl with blonde hair and blue eyes as you see me walking through my local Sainsbury's. But behind that, especially when the autumn months arrive, I'm constantly in the studio, my focus being on routines, steps, dresses and elaborate makeup.

Only turning 21 this year and already being given these amazing opportunities by Elstree is genuinely me living my dream. The previous year I wasn't in a couple, I was solely in the group dances and on a couple occasions I was a back up dancer for one of the couples doing their week's dance, for example - AJ and Saffron's quickstep in Blackpool.

However I actually liked having that first time as part of the crew to find my bearings a bit y'know. I got comfortable with the schedules, the whole studio as a building and knowing where to go, and I got so close with the other pro's it was a blessing in disguise really, as I was a bit disappointed when I found out I wouldn't have a partner that year.

ANYWAY, 2020... series 18.

It was around 10am when my taxi pulled up outside, me clambering inside, telling the driver my wanted destination followed by him driving off down the road, on our way we go.
I had a long black coat over my jeans and tucked in baggy white jumper, paired with black boots.
My hair was slightly curled accompanied by a basic makeup look.

"Thankyou." I smiled, leaving the car, closing the door behind me. I stood in-front of the big building, here I was.

Wembley Arena.

Ready to embark on a new journey, for the both of us.

I was greeted at the front, being taken through to where I was needed. There were a few cameramen and me, just waiting before being given the all clear to go ahead. I walked along the hallway, excitement and slight nerves filling my body at this point. I opened the door, the man looking up at the sound.

"Ahhh." I exclaimed as we saw each other, Harvey stood in his blue and black jacket, black jeans, his teeth shining as his smile grew ear to ear.
"Yes!" He had a huge grin on his face.
"Gimme a hug, come on bring it in." He stated with his arms out as I ran over, jumping into them, him turning us around as he held me.

A few minutes later..

"I think we're gonna be a good team." I assured him as we sat amongst the seats at the back of the room, speaking for our VT.

"What sort of teacher are you?" He asked, earning a giggle from me, "are you gonna be strict?"

"I like working really really hard, and I will always be honest, if it's not good I will tell you." I let him know.

"I promise you, I'll give it my 100%." He smiled.

"I love that, but you need to, you've gotta go for it."

We went back down to the empty floor, quickly doing a few moves as the cameramen had asked.

"I think we are gonna be really hyper." I concluded, after someone asked what we thought we'd be like partnered up with one another.
"I feel like we're like a fiery mess," Harvey explained, "but in a good-,a good mess." He was quick to add as I laughed.

"Strictly Come Dancing 2020, we're coming for you." Harvey ended, us both kicking up our legs before they cut off the camera.

We hugged again, "how are you feeling?" I asked him, "excited, scared?"

"I'm genuinely so excited, like I can't wait but I know it's gonna be so hard." He replied as we followed everyone out into the corridor.

"This is new to me too you realise, I've never been paired up in a couple before." I told him.

He looked at me, his mouth slightly dropped, "that's just added pressure to me." He laughed.

"How long have you been on the show then?" He asked as we put on our masks before heading out the door and down to where our car was picking us up.

"This is only my 2nd year, but we got this." I grinned.

He nodded in agreement, "we got this."

After having met this morning, we went over to Elstree Studios, welcoming Harvey into the world of Strictly.

"This is your new home for however long we manage to stay in the show." I smiled as we went through the back, wandering past rooms and letting him have a nosey peek inside. Some filled with costume after costume all lined up, props, makeup, anything you could think of that needed to be here, it was.

We were shown to our dressing room, everything already prepared inside.
"It actually feels real now." He said as we looked at our outfits hung upon the portable clothes railing.
"Wow that's sparkly." Stated Harv as we saw my dress.
"Jeez." I laughed, well what do you expect. Rhinestones, glitter and everything sparkle may as well be the literal definition of the show.

In no time we were taken to get changed and the girls came round ready to do makeup.

"Oo looking good." I grinned as he twirled in his black shirt and trouser combo, gold and silver sequins on the shoulders and collar.

"You're looking fantastic, I mean I'm looking alright." He winked at himself.

"I hate you." I laughed.

We had so much going on that day, photoshoots, pre-titles, work with Radio Times, it was weird getting back into the swing of things, and felt like a very long busy day yet fun nevertheless.

"Teach me how to dougie, t-teach me how to dougie." We simultaneously did as we were parting ways, hand actions included. We'd been doing it randomly throughout the day wherever we were, most likely looking very odd to those around us but it was jokes to us regardless.

"Next time I see you, we'll be in rehearsal, get your dancing shoes ready." I called to him as we wandered off in separate directions.
"I will do, thank you!" He smiled a toothy grin, before getting into his car.

That's the start of it, an adventure worth keeping your eye on if you ask me, who knows, the final could be calling us...

A/N

Sorry if this isn't the best but this is just the start! Please vote by clicking the star in the bottom left corner if you enjoyed, it'd be much appreciated!
I also have a Rye Beaumont Fanfic and a KSI one if you'd be interested they're up on my page! To update, I now have a Hero Fiennes Tiffin and Josephine Langford one too, and lots of stuff in the works.
~ also just to let yous know my chapters are usually longer than this :)) ~

Much love,

M x