Two|Don't Put Yourself Down

"Ready for rehearsal?" I beamed, entering the room.
He lifted his leg up to show me his foot.

"Aw you've already got your shoes on." I smiled, placing my stuff down on the floor.

"Got my dancing shoes ready like you said." He grinned.

Today was the day for rehearsing the group number for the launch show.

"I reckon it's gonna be a really good series." I spoke as we sat to the side.

"It's gonna be really tough." Harvey replied.

"You're smashing the routine already actually." I assured him.

"Yeah?" He didn't sound too sure about it due to the upwards inflection.

"Yeah, yeah I mean literally this is day 1."

"I'm doing alright." He smiled as I held my hand out, him joining it with mine.

Later that day

"You smashed that pro dance by the way, not pro dance, pro and celeb-," I was quick to correct myself with a giggle as my head was all over the place.

"It's okay, you'll get it don't worry," Harv sarcastically hugged me, "you've had trouble today coming out with your words, dancing as well, I mean d'you know what you'll be fine."

"I actually went onto autopilot today, I don't even know if I did it right." I came to a realisation.

"Me being the man I had to lead, but y'know it's fine, the thing is, it does happen." We joked. 

"But yeah you proper smashed it." I high fived him.

"I mean I did okay."

"You were so nervous as well." I recollected

"I get so nervous about anything, like my hands were sweating, I dread to think what I'm gonna be like for our first number."

"It's okay we've got time." I smiled, "day 1 tomorrow, I can't wait to tell you what we're dancing by the way."

"Goodbye my lover, goodbye my friend." He sang as we left one another, going our separate ways.

The Next Day

"I think you're gonna be really happy with the style we're doing." I excitedly pre-empted.
"Drumroll..." both of us were tapping our thighs.

"The Jive!" I announced.

"Ayyy, I don't know what that is but that sounds amazing." He grinned

***

"I get really tired." He drooped his head after a hard few hours of none stop work.

"Aww baby's tired." I sarcastically empathised, before making him dance more.

"So do you know what the Jive is now?" I chuckled as we came to the end.

"It's a lot of flicking and a lot of movement." He summarised.

***

"We're both firey messes today." I grinned as he spoke, looking at his crazy hair sprawled out in many a direction.

"It looks like I got electrocuted mate."

"Anyway that's day 1 done." I stated, slouching down onto the sofa, him joining me.

"My body's in proper shock actually." He twisted side to side.

"Did you say you like the cool down?" I asked wanting to know if I heard correctly.