Fourteen|One Singular Sensation

"No wonder you're always late to training." Harvey placed the cup of tea on the coffee table.

I stayed rooted to the sofa as I watched steam rise from the mug, "It's Saturday this doesn't count."

It's not like he could say anything considering he literally got up 5 minutes ago, it's hardly a flex. Yet the sound of chopping fruit definitely put him up there on the list of being a productive morning person, unlike me, of which I was currently still admiring him from the comfort of the couch.

"They all go in together yeah?"

He'd asked how I made my breakfast smoothies, so I'd told him, followed by him going through all the steps, grabbing the blender from the cupboard, and making one.

"Yup." The sound of the blender then rang out for precisely 50 seconds like I'd advised.

I took this time to haul myself up, quickly reforming what was a rats nest of a bed head.

"Voila." He grinned, pleased with his smoothie-making-abilities as he placed the glass on the table.

I hoisted onto the counter top, "Oo," I inspected, turning it in my hand before taking a sip.

"I guess we know what you can do when your singing career fails." I licked my lips after tasting it.

His mouth dropped in offence, "wow it's nice to see you believe in me."

"Always." I gave him an exaggerated smile before thrusting the drink in his hold, "want a sip?"

He gave me a hesitant look before taking the cup in his grasp, swirling the dark red berry formula around.

I watched as his face showed a look of apprehension, then delight, followed by shock.

"Woah maybe I will quit music if that's what imma be producing."

"It's a 10 from me, G.O.A.T darling."

"Goat baby."

***

I don't think I've ever had so much energy on a Monday morning.

Harvey had left by the early afternoon of Saturday, leaving me with a mountain of chores that I'd purposely not told him about.

I didn't want to rope him in and him feel obliged to stay and help.

Also I know first hand how much I hate doing them therefore why would I drag someone else down with me.

"Oo you look cute, I'm loving the fluff." He referred to the cropped teddy bear hoodie I was wearing.

As energised and ready as I was for a new start, the weather was not coinciding with my mood.

"I'm loving the..plaid?"

"Do you like it?"

"Give us a twirl." I ordered, taking in his outfit before deciding, "I do actually really like the jacket."

We got through a pack of haribos together and spent a wasted few minutes looking for my misplaced phone, only to find out I'd left it in the toilets.

"This week we are doing the American Smooth to One Singular Sensation from A Chorus Line."

"I have a confession to make.." he began, "I've never seen it."

"Well then, I guess we know what we're doing this morning." So that's what we did. Luckily strictly hooked us up with some posh projector so we could watch it in the studio, it casting directly onto the wall in front of us as we sat on a leather sofa we'd moved from it's lone home in the corner.