Ten|Never Too Early

Saturday 14th November 2020 - Week 4

"Live from the BBC this, is Strictly Come Dancing."

The familiar male sound filled the room, the mainly empty audience cheering and clapping as we went on air.

The hosts were welcomed, the orchestra playing as they walked out onto the stage and introduced the show.

"Hello, welcome to Strictly Come Dancing, and thank you to our strictly team up in the balconies, what they lack in size they make up for in sheer support."

"Thank you so much," followed Claudia, "after Movie Week the leaderboard had quite the reshuffle, so tonight our couples have everything to dance for."
Harvey and I looked at each other as we heard every word, fully knowing we were in the danger zone last week and didn't want a repeat.

"As you can see we are missing Motsi tonight who sadly won't be here for the next two shows, so Anton has kindly agreed to step in, after much persuasion he reluctantly accepted the role." C spoke sarcastically after the Judges had been brought to their places and us couples were about to be unveiled.

"Look at me." I told Harvey, his eyes moving to focus on mine, "you've got this." I encouraged simply, but the quick hug accompanied with a smile of gratitude told me he appreciated it.

I could tell he was nervous. It's inevitable. Whether you choose to show it or not is a different thing though. It's a risky dance and he was worried about messing up, but i know deep down he is capable and has done it amazingly during rehearsal.

We were quickly hurried along as we made our way nearer to the top of the stairs, the celebrities and their partner being revealed one by one.

"Pop star Hrvy and his partner Ellie Stone." We were introduced, us both doing a quick shimmy as the cameras panned to us.

It felt like an extra long show of appreciation tonight once everyone was down on the dance floor, clapping and cheering away.

"So then Tess, with a certain amount of trepidation I ask you, any other updates?"

"Fingers crossed hopefully not." She replied after announcing the withdrawal of Katiya and Nicola due to COVID.

"And now dancing first tonight with a Salsa, it's Harvey and Ellie."

We had no time to wait today. We had to step out on that stage and give it our all straight away, leaving the rest of the show for us to relax and enjoy the other performances.

Our VT began to play as we got ready and waited before getting into position.

"So this week we are doing my favourite dance style and that is the Salsa, I grew up dancing Salsa my whole childhood, I think I've been dancing Salsa since I could walk really, I remember being like 3 years old, I genuinely think I have the video actually." I explained in the recording as Harvey and I sat on a sofa in a studio, him listening intently.

"Look at that." I beamed as we watched the clip on my phone.

"You've got a better hip action than I do now." Harv commented with a chuckle.

"I was what, 14, 15." I moved onto a different video, one of my dad and I dancing in the living room, my mum and sister doing the same beside us.

"Can we talk about your dad and how cool your dad is." He smiled as our eyes were fixated on the screen.

"Watching Ellie and all of her family Salsa in the living room it kind of inspires me a lot, especially her dad, he oozes coolness without even trying and I feel like that's what I need to embody." I heard Harv's voice sound out across the building as we listened to it for the first time.