10. that morning

winwin wakes up with his head resting against the armrest of a couch, the place around him clearly not being his own flat.

wait. oh no.

how the hell did he end up sleeping over at officer nakamoto's flat? he needs to get out of here and swear to himself that he'll never come back. especially because there's that thirst that turns his throat as dry as the desert.

winwin needs blood and he needs it now.

usually, back at home, he can slide open a drawer and have animal blood waiting for him, but he's not even there. maybe if he slips out like he was originally planning to do without alerting yuta, he can leave just fine. but then that would just be rude.

besides, why should he dip when there's a source of blood within this flat?

the vampire stands up, sniffing the air and following the scent that hung in it. he ends up in front of a bedroom door. it's not locked and winwin easily opens it — there is officer nakamoto, still asleep in his bed. he looked peaceful, his neck exposed for anyone to see.

bite him, a voice in the back of his head says. you need to.

just do it, it continues on. bite him.

but winwin shakes his head. he can never let his control unravel and fall apart. with a gulp, he turned and left as quietly as he could and made a beeline for the front door. it's unlocked; it's as if yuta expected him to leave so he made it easier for him to do so.

"thank you, officer," winwin says under his breath before leaving, closing the door behind him.

as the door closes, yuta wakes up, blinking in confusion at the sight of his bedroom door partly open.

"winwin?"

~*~

"here," geun said, pointing in the direction of more trees. kwan came up beside him, the wind blowing his brown hair. "i saw a house just down that way. i know he lives here."

kwan raised on eyebrow, looking at the slightly taller man. "you're so very sure you found it? i swear you told me the last time you were here, you slashed a vampire."

"well, when i ran away, i saw it," geun said hotly.

"you never said that," kwan says simply, pinching geun's arm before walking ahead, not catching the low hiss of pain from him.

the thought that they would be disturbing him early in the morning didn't cross kwan's mind at all. he needed to know something, something important that'll help him get pay back for his brother. he thinks there's too many trees as they continue on, geun trying his best to step in front and lead the way, but kwan refuses to let him do so.

sure enough, a house appears in his line of vision. kwan's heart lifts with hope — maybe he'll be helpful. well, he did kill a vampire before. who's to say he wouldn't be helpful? kwan's doubt, that's what. maybe he shouldn't be so down, but at least he can keep his worry contained within his head and not voicing it. he knows geun thinks whatever he thinks.

that's why it's so easy to have him be a great help to kwan. geun basically loves kissing his shoes without complaint and treats him like his saviour almost. kwan likes it, so he has nothing bad to say about that — he doesn't have to do things that he needs when he doesn't want to, geun can do it and actually manage to succeed.

the only reason kwan has geun wrapped around his small finger is because he merely complimented him once during school and the other latched onto him ever since, making his top job to see kwan smile in return for such a small favour. totally not anything else that geun feels for him played into it.