20. they tie the knot

the day finally came.

mark and donghyuck were finally tying the knot. renjun himself felt almost restless, but at least was able to keep himself still. yua kept trying to jump off the bench and run off, but either he or one of his boyfriends would have to catch her.

renjun, at least, found himself distracted by looking around at his surroundings. the people in charge of designing and decorating the place had really outdone themselves. the flowers they decided to use — white roses — really set the mood. as he adjusts the collar of his suit, it lets him think.

earlier, upon arrival, renjun and his little group met donghyuck's parents. they kind of felt like his second mum and dad because of how many times he went over to their house when he was younger along with mark to do whatever with their son. mrs. lee was drawn to tears out of happiness — mark felt like family then and now he's officially joining the family as her son-in-law.

"i had a feeling they would get together," mrs. lee told renjun. "they were always more attached to each other, even with you around. when they started dating, i can't say i was surprised!"

she also curiously asked if yua was renjun's, jeno's and jaemin's kid, which renjun immediately denied by saying they were simply her guardians. though, to be truthful, yua kind of was their daughter at this point.

with yua being impatient and full of energy waiting to be wasted, renjun himself was growing a bit restless. do weddings usually take this long to start? then, after what feels like days, it finally starts. jeno gets yua to sit firmly in the seat by letting her play with her dress to keep her distracted.

donghyuck, who stood at the altar, was playing with the ends of his suit rather nervously. he was completely red in the face and the sweat going down his head was visible. it was rather hot in this building.

"where's mark?" jaemin asks renjun in a whisper.

"he's coming..." renjun retorts before looking toward the aisle.

a young girl around yua's age was sticking her hand into a basket before retracing it in a fist. she then opened it, letting flowers decorate the aisle beneath her. she did with a little hum and a skip. a small boy with the rings followed suit, looking more nervous than donghyuck, then the person everyone was waiting for was next.

mark was dressed in all white, his hands clutching a bouquet of white flowers close to his chest. all the attention he was earning made him blush a light shade of pink. but no one's stare compared to mark's soon to be husband, donghyuck.

mark sends a smile his way before he lets his father guide him down, everyone's eyes following as he did so. renjun's heart swelled — he was so happy for them. once mark reaches where his best friend sat, renjun gave him an encouraging smile while mark returns before bowing his head.

once he's up upon the altar across from donghyuck, it can finally start. the priest says the usual. time seems to slow down once donghyuck and mark both say "I do" then, their lips are on each other's.

the crowd erupts into cheering for the now married couple. renjun can hear donghyuck's mother sobbing from within the crowd somewhere.

"that'll be us one day, won't it?" jeno says.

renjun smiles back at him and jaemin, who now had an excited yua in his lap. "maybe."

~*~

renjun made sure to snap a picture of mark and donghyuck smearing cake onto each other's faces for memories he was sure they wanted to keep. yua, on the other hand, finally got to try more human food, stuffing her face with the delicious cake.