11. figuring things out

"some random guys came up to his house?" kun says in confusion mixed with surprise, definitely wanting dejun to repeat that. he had just randomly brought up the fact that two guys showed up on hendery's house — which was in the middle of the woods and hard to find — unannounced.

"yeah," dejun quickly sends a text to hendery then finally facing his co-worker. "to ask how to kill a vampire."

"what?" doyoung cuts in, just finishing up an order. "i mean, your hero of a boyfriend did do that."

"well, true, he is awesome," dejun smiles bashfully. "but he didn't recognise them and told me to go inside. when i asked, he just said he told them to leave. well, good. i wanted his attention more, anyways."

"you're an attention whore," doyoung remarks, managing to barely dodge a hit from dejun. before he could grin at him, dejun smacked his shoulder so any attempt at one was immediately wiped from his face.

"don't act like you wouldn't beg just for taeil to look at you," dejun hisses. doyoung dodges another attempted smack before walking over to hand out the finished order.

"well, i'm just curious," kun says before lowering his voice into a whisper. "is there anything about a vampire attacking people again?"

he thought back to what happened to yangyang a few months ago. the bite mark on his arm was faint, but kun could still see it. though, yangyang tries to hide it by wearing sweatshirts and longer sleeved shirts.

"we would've heard about it on the news," dejun said with a shake of his head. "something like that wouldn't be going unnoticed by the public eventually."

"well, true, that's true," kun said and he immediately relaxed. yangyang wouldn't be in danger again.

"so, nothing to worry about," dejun says with a shrug. he then glances over at the front counter and grins. doyoung had moved aside and walks over to tap kun on the shoulder.

"huh?" kun says in confusion. his co-workers point to the counter to let him see for himself without a single word, both sharing grins on their faces. then, his eyes widened and his cheeks go pink like they always do — yangyang.

he waved at him, resting his elbows on the counter. he has a smile on his face, wearing another sweatshirt to cover up the bite mark on his arm. kun quickly hides the fact that he's flustered by putting on his best grin and straightening in posture to look good for yangyang.

"good morning," he greets the other.

"morning," yangyang retorts with a giggle. "i'm sure you're aware of what i'm here for."

"your usual," kun winks. "coming right this way, ba- i mean, yangyang."

"scared to call me babe in public or something?" yangyang asks with a tilt of his head, though he's still smiling.

"no, of course," kun says quickly. "sorry, i — "

"i'm not offended," yangyang retorts. "just, my usual please, babe."

"of course!" kun said with a simper. yangyang pays the usual price without being told and kun moves on to go make his order, grabbing a cup.

as he does so, dejun taps him on the shoulder. "babe? so, all the times you left me and doyoung to clean up recently were dates?"

"mind your business," kun huffs but dejun just makes a kissy face before leaving him alone. though, kun knew full well he'd be back with doyoung just to bother him more. he wouldn't be the usual dejun if he didn't.

meanwhile, yuta was spending his day off in that same café. he was still a bit confused and almost hurt about winwin leaving without saying anything. at least a simple "goodbye" could've worked and yuta would be happy enough. but no, he got an empty couch in his living room without a single sight of winwin anywhere.