Chapter 6: Living my Best Life!

A/N I have some glitch in the connection. For some reason I'm not able to change the name of the chapter. So I'm putting the name down.

A/N Solved the issue

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hayat POV:

It's mid January. I am waiting outside the admin office to get my name changed. Yes I am officially Hayat Ilhan Tepeli now. Cihangir is legally my brother. I also have to meet my career counsellor at 15:00 this afternoon. I'm ramping up my schedule so that I can finish my bachelor's degree of 4 years in just 3. Past two months have definitely been the best to say the least. Cihangir's family well let's say mine has changed me positively a lot! They supported me and accepted me as I am. I first met them physically when they visited us here for Christmas, and treated me as their daughter from the first minute. I got so much love and respect from them as compared to my so called family. And the best part? On Christmas morning, Mom dad offered me their name. The best gift I could get. EVER.

In early January, Cihangir introduced me to our cousin, Serkan Bolat. He was smart, intelligent and charming to say the least. We went to pick him up at the airport. He decided to shift his base to Tokyo for few years. "That's our little sister, Hayat. He is Serkan." And he engulfed me in a warm hug. No questions asked. He was a architect specialized in landscaping. 

I remember we were having a conversation about our careers at  the end of the first week we lived together. Cihangir wasn't around and we needed to get past the awkward phase. 

"So you are doing Fashion Designing?" he asked, and continued when I nodded," which year?" "Technically my first. But I want to finish the entire degree in three years. So I was thinking to start looking for an internship. Do you think this would help?" "Ofcourse. Getting hands on knowledge is always beneficial. Infact, why don't you work for me?" "I don't want to get a job just because I'm family. I want to work on my merit" 

Serkan POV:

Great. Usually people would die for such a chance but she values her self respect. God please stop making me fall for her. I was already smitten by her when I saw her at the airport. I remeber the first drive we had in my supercar. I still remember that ride. The way she drove. huh!

(watch this scene from 7:00 minute for reference) 

She is my cousin! My brain reasoned. But she isn't your cousin by blood so the problems in incest won't apply to you , my heart defended. She snapped me back out of my thoughts. "Ofcourse not! I've been observing you for a week now. You have a great taste in fashion. Cihangir showed me few photos of your work he had. I'm impressed would be an understatement. So why don't you work as my personal stylist. I'll pay you at the market rate. I will be starting new ventures and will be in the news a lot now. I need to look my best." She smiled. That dimple. Oh My God she is so gorgeous! "But if I receive a lot of negative comments about my style, I'll fire you" I gave her my typical Serkan Bolat look. I was used to seeing people intimidated by this. But she wasn't. She was different. "Deal Mr Serkan Bolat" she said in a tone that indicated she accepted the challenge and added "Hayat Tepeli would not disappoint you."

After 5 months

Well to be honest, she did not disappoint me. Over the course of last 5 months she proved her words. Her styles did create a talk in the town. I did give her bonus because she worked hard. Infact she was so good at her work, she was ordered to design our outfits for Uncle Ilhan's and Aunty Gulay's 50th anniversary coming up in the last week of august.