Chapter 11: The Everyday life

Vancouver, Canada:

Hayat: Yes Mumma, I will do that as well. How's Dad? 

Gulay: Ah why don't you ask him. He keeps picking up little quarrels with Cihangir here and there now that you don't argue with him often.

Hayat: Oh come on Mom, we both know who starts it. 

Gulay:  Please don't drag me in your father-daughter troubles. He's here (To Ilhan) It's your daughter. Please knock some sense into her. (Ilhan replies to her: Now what did she do)

Ilhan: What did you do now?

Hayat: I didn't do anything. Mom is just freaking out ....ah..achoo..**sniff sniff** before you begin another lecture, I am fine. I just caught a little cold. I went to the doctor as well and I am taking medicines prescribed to me.

Ilhan: Did you take a day off?

Hayat: How about we talk about you now? Mom said you and Cihangir bicker frequently.

Ilhan: Smooth. But not smooth enough to distract me. Me and your brother don't quarrel. We just have differences of opinion which is healthy. Just like taking a day off from the work once in a while is also healthy.

Hayat: I AM taking a 2 month leave after the important show that is happening.

Ilhan: You sure this is a leave and your boss isn't kicking you out?

Hayat: Dadddddd!

Ilhan: Just kidding. I know how much your boss values you. Is there any way that we will meet him?

Hayat: What do you mean? You guys have already met him last time you visited me. Oh my God dad! You don't remember? I'll tell Mom to get a doctor's appointment to check what's wrong with you...

Ilhan: Oh my God. Can't you take a hint? I meant will he be visiting us frequently as your boyfriend.

Hayat: We are not dating each other (facepalm)...

Ilhan: There is a spark between you both. We saw the way he cares and respects you last time we visited.

Hayat: Dadddd

Ilhan: Oh come on! I want to walk my little girl down the aisle before closing my eyes..

Hayat: Oh, I thought the last time we spoke you said you wanted to play with my children.

Ilhan: You should not tease your old man

Hayat: Who's old? You're my dashing superhero! 

Ilhan: Stop buttering me. And find a good man. or a woman if that's the case. Stop wasting your youth. When your mom was your age, she already used to snuck out to meet me. Have some thrill. Have some fun. Don't be stuck in a boring office.

Hayat: Oh dad! These two month vacation which is approved by Theo  proves that I'm not kicked out. The point being, these two months I will actively use dating apps and go on dates okay?

Ilhan: Okay. When's the show?

Hayat: Today's Wednesday. It's this weekend. Dad, I got to hurry up now. Tell Mumma I love her (Ilhan fake coughs) Of course I love you more!

Ilhan: I love you too kız (turkish word for daughter)  (Still on the phone, to Gulay: She said she loves you but not more than me, laughs while hanging up) 

I smile as I hang up. I definitely want a relationship like my dad has with mom, me and Cihangir. But for now let's focus on work. I drink the last of sips of my Caramel Macchiato before heading in to Theo's cabin.