Chapter 14: The Gate of Time

Link dropped down into the Sealed Grounds, rolling across the stone and skidding to a stop in front of the temple

Link dropped down into the Sealed Grounds, rolling across the stone and skidding to a stop in front of the temple. Before he entered, something drew his eye. He looked back and found that around the great pit there was a rail track built into the top ring. He didn't know what it was for, but if Groose had been working all night he figured Groose might've been doing something with his time. Remembering the shoddy work he did on the bird pen though, he wasn't sure about the craftsmanship.

But then again, he had also made a pretty decent wooden shield, so...

Deciding to ask about it later, link drew his sword as he entered the Sealed Temple, shutting the door behind him and startling Groose who had been talking to the old woman.

"Ah, your sword!" she smiled, getting up from her usual seat. "There can be no doubt. The Sacred Flames have purified this blade. Well done, Link. That sword holds tremendous power. To look upon you is to see that same great power, now flowing through you and that sword you carry. Now that the sacred force dwells within your blade, you can open the Gate of Time. Climb upon the pedestal, and show the gate your sword's power!"

This was it, the beginning of the end. Through this gate Zelda would be waiting. He was rested, and ready to move forward. Link stood in front of the obsidian slab, raising his sword. As he held it in the air, light shone down on it and the blade glowed...

However, before it could be fully powered, the temple shook ominously.

"WHOA-HO!" Groose shouted, leaning on a support column to keep from falling over.

"No," the old woman sighed. "I fear the seal has given way once again. That terrible beast is awakening even as we speak. It is likely that the monster reacted to the sacred power given off by your sword. I wish it had not happened, but there was no other way to open the gate. So it goes..."

"Does this sword have the power to seal it away for good?" Link asked.

"No, not yet," the woman answered. "For now, Link, you must imprison the beast once again."

"All right!" Groose cheered. "Bring it on!"

Link wasn't sure why Groose would be excited by this, so gave him a confused look.

"This is what I've been waiting for," Groose said proudly. "It's time to break out my new toy! Trust me, that flabby bag of teeth doesn't stand a chance. So? What are we waiting for? I'm heading out there!"

Groose ran passed Link, not waiting to see if he followed. He threw open the door and charged towards the cliffs, looking down at the marker siting at the bottom of the pit. Link arrived next to him, drawing his shield.

Only a second or two later Groose was off again, climbing up the cliff around the Sealed Grounds and getting on top of the wooden track he'd built. He stood with a triumphant grin on his face as he gestured to a large cart beside him. "Duh huh huh! Try not to drool on your shirt as you stare at this amazing super-weapon I've been working on! I call it... the Groosenator!"