Chapter 18

Bruce Is Back

"Still no word form Vision?" A hologram asks.

"Satellites lost him somewhere over Edinburgh." A man, who is not a hologram responds.

"On a stolen quinjet with six of the world's most wanted criminals"

"You know they're only criminals because you've chosen to call them that, right, sir?"

"My God, Rhodes, your talent for horseshit rivals my own."

"If it weren't for those Accords, Vision would've been right here."

"I remember your signature on those papers, Colonel."

"That's right. And I'm pretty sure I've paid for that." He tells the hologram while looking at his robotic legs.

"You have second thoughts?"

"Not anymore."

As he says that seven people walk into the room. They all look like they've been in a fight. The one with that stands in the front with a beard and longer hair talks first.

"Mr. Secretary"

"You got some nerve. I'll give you that" the secretary tells them angrily.

"You could use some of that right now."

"The world's on fire. And you think, all is forgiven?"

"I'm not looking for forgiveness. And I'm way past asking for permission. Earth just lost her best defender. So we're here to fight. And if you wanna stand in our way... We'll fight you, too."

Secretary Ross looks at Colonel Rhodes "Arrest them"

"All over it." He says while turning if the hologram. "That's a court-martial. It's great to see you, Cap."

"You too, Rhodey."

"Well. You guys, really look like crap. Must've been a rough couple of years."

"Yeah, well, the hotels weren't exactly five star." Sam tells him.

"Speak for yourself." Percy mumbles.

Bruce Banner appears from another room."Uh, I think you look great."

When he sees their stunned faces he continues talking. "Yeah. I'm back."

"Hi, Bruce." Natasha says in a politer tone then she usually uses.

He gives a awkward smile "Nat".

Percy leans over to Sam "This is awkward."

Sam looks at him. "Yeah it reminds me of two other people in the room."

Percy rolls his eyes.

The group walks into the kitchen and spread out sitting on various counters or standing.

"So we gotta assume they're coming back, right? And they can clearly find us. We need all hands on deck. Where's Clint?" Bruce asked.

"After the whole Accords situation, he and Scott took a deal. It was too tough on their families." Natasha tells him.

"Who's Scott?"

"Ant-Man."

"There's an Ant-Man, a Spider-Man, and an Aquaman?"

Elizabeth and Sam snort while Percy glares at Bruce from across the room.

"Okay, look... Thanos has the biggest army in the Universe. And he is not gonna stop until he... He gets...Vision's stone."

"Well then, we have to protect it." Elizabeth says.

Vision starts talking slowly as if he is scared how people will respond. "No, we have to destroy it. I've been giving a good deal of thought to this entity in my head, about its nature. But also, its composition. I think if it were exposed to a sufficiently powerful energy source, something, very similar to its own signature, perhaps... Its molecular integrity could fail." Vision looks at Wanda as he says that last part.

"And you, with it. We're not having this conversation." Wanda tells him forcefully.

"Eliminating the stone is the only way to be certain that Thanos can't get it."

"That's too high a price."

"Only you, have the power to pay it. Thanos threatens half the Universe. One life cannot stand in the way of defeating him." Vision tells her seriously.

"But it should. We don't trade lives, Vision." Steve tells him from across the room as if he has already decided that this is not happening.

Vision walks toward Steve "Captain, 70 years ago, you laid down your life to save how many millions of people. Tell me, why is this any different?"

Before Steve can answer Bruce starts talking. "Because you might have a choice. Your mind is made up of a complex construct of overlays. Jarvis, Ultron, Tony, me, the Stone. All of them mixed together. All of them learning from one another."

"You're saying Vision isn't just the stone?" Elizabeth questions.

"I'm saying that... If we take out the stone, there's still a whole lot of Vision left. Perhaps the best parts."

"Can we do that?" Percy turns his back on the open fridge and looks at Bruce.

"Not me. Not here."

"You better find someone, and somewhere fast. Ross isn't exactly just gonna let you guys have your old rooms back."

Steve and Percy look at each other.

"I know a place"

~~~~~~~~~~~

"You'll have the King's Guard, and the Dora Milaje have been alerted." Okoye tells her king.

"And the border tribe?"

"Those that are left are willing to help."

"Send word to the Jabari as well. M'Baku always likes a good fight."

"And what of this one?"

"This one may be tired of war. but the White Wolf has rested long enough."

T'Challa, Okoye, and two Wakandan soldiers walk up to White Wolf and place a crate in front of him.

White Wolf opens the box and sees an adamntium arm.

"Where's the fight?"

"On it's way."

Questions?

Thoughts?

Ideas?

I am thinking about making a Percy Jackson x OC daughter of Tony Stark story.

The daughter of love never expected for her life to be like this. She thought she was just going to be an ordinary demigod. Sure she had a billionaire father, but that didn't really affect the demigod world. Right? What happens when the boy ,who thought he would never amount to anything, learns of his heritage as a son of the sea. What happens when those who were once ordinary become Legends?

Thoughts?