L.T. | The New Intern Pt. 5

•   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   • 

Your POV

Upon arriving at Linda's house, I instantly recognize the area. I live just a few streets over, how convenient. We make our way inside and I'm delighted with how cozy her house is.

"I'll put on a fire to warm us up," Linda says, shrugging off her coat.

Placing her hand in the small of my back, she guides me into the living room and gestures toward the sofa, "Please, make yourself comfortable."

I instantly miss her hand as soon as she removes it. I watch as she bends over to switch on the gas for the fireplace, magically causing the flames to rise out of nowhere.

"Ooh fancy!" I exclaim and she chuckles.

"You're a goober," she remarks. "Here, have a blanket."

Linda hands me a huge throw off the back of the sofa and walks over to her purse to retrieve the cigars. She grabs a cutter and lighter off the kitchen counter and comes back to the sofa to sit down beside me.

"Why so far?" I ask and pat the spot next to me.

"I'm only like a foot away from you," she laughs and scoots closer.

"That's better," I drape the blanket over the both of us.

With our bodies touching, I lean into her and gesture to the cigar, "I want to see how to do this." She smirks sideways at me and opens the cigar box.

"First, you take the cigar and cut the tip off." The blade closes down on the tobacco with a loud snap, causing the end to fall onto the blanket. She carefully picks up and places it in the ash tray, everything moving slowly.

"Then, you take the lighter and toast the other end until it glows red all the way through the center." She hands me the lighter and puts the cigar in my other hand.

I ignite the lighter and hold it right up against the other end of the cigar.

"Here," Linda grabs both of my hands, guiding them slightly apart. "Not too close together. Try to keep them an inch or two apart." I can feel her warm breath on the side of my face.

"Like this?" I turn to look at her, melting in her glossy eyes.

"Mhmm," she takes her bottom lip into her mouth.