Chapter 5

After arriving back inside my apartment, I closed the door behind us. "So, I can tell mom you'll come for dinner?" I took my coat off, but Yoongi didn't take off his. I was certain he had to leave soon. He held my face in his hand and kissed my forehead. "Yes, tell her." I smiled so fondly up at him. I wrapped my arms around his tiny waist and squeezed him. He hugged me back. "I hate it, but I have to get back." I nodded against his chest. "I know. I'll ask mom about a date and text you." "Okay." He said and leaned in to give me a kiss goodbye. I ran my fingers up the back of his head, through his hair and didn't want our kiss to end. But it did. He pulled away and gave me a gummy smile. "See you soon." "Bye handsome." I winked at him, then blushed.

He put his mask back on and walked out of my apartment. I grabbed my phone and scrolled through my contacts. I called my mom.

"Hey sweetie!" My mom's voice rang through the speaker. She was always so happy to hear me. My mom really was my best friend.

"Hey yourself! I talked to my boyfriend, he agreed to meet you." I heard her half scream through the phone.

"Good! I will make my famous pot roast! I can't wait to meet Mark." She was genuinely excited.

"About that mom. His name isn't Mark. For some reason I stupidly made up a name to tell you because I didn't think he and I would amount to anything." It was quiet on the line for a second.

"Then what's his real name dummy, I was waiting." I laughed at her response. She was always so understanding. She hardly ever got angry with me.

"Well, just so you're not shocked with you meet him, he is Korean, and his name is Yoongi."

"Ahh, I can't wait to meet him then! Any day is good for me, whatever works for you two, let me know!"

"Okay mom, I love you, I'll let you know."

"Love you too hon."

We hung up and I sighed to myself. I'm glad she bought that. It was unwise for me to fake a name for him, but I wanted to hide his identity. But I highly doubt she knows who he is. Sure, he and BTS pop up on Samsung commercials lately, but his hair is different now.

After watching some tv, I wrote more words for the song I was writing. Lyrics are hard, I don't see how Yoongi, RM and J-hope do it so effortlessly. It had been about an hour since Yoongi left, so I decided to text him what mom said.

"Mom said whatever day is good for her." I hit send and started making some dinner. I threw together some breakfast for dinner and was looking forward to my mom's pot roast. She told me she was going to make that. She was such a good cook. I couldn't wait to sink my teeth in her food again, it had been a while.

My phone dinged about the time I was done eating. I was rinsing off my plate and looked at the screen. "I can do Wednesday at maybe 5?" I smiled at Yoongi's response. He could have waited longer if he wanted to, but he wanted Wednesday. "Okay."

---

I had to work at the hospital Monday and Tuesday. The days seemed to drag. Luckily, I was off the next day, so I didn't have to worry about that interfering with our plans. While I was at lunch, I was mindlessly scrolling through social media, when I saw a News posting. It was talking about the recent BTS shows, and how there was only one more show left in NY, then the tour would move to California.

My heart began to race. 'What will I do when he goes across the country?' My eyes started to water. The thought of him being so far away from me made my heart hurt. I blinked rapidly to shake off the tears. I wondered if Yoongi had been thinking about what to do. Surely he knew this was coming when he asked me to date him. Half of me wanted to leave my job and follow him, and half of me knew that was ridiculous. I can't just up and move, what about my friends and my mom? My heart was still pounding. I had so much anxiety. Up until now I wasn't too concerned with the future, but now that I knew he was leaving soon, it became real. Would we be okay with long distance? Probably? Probably not? The uncertainty was staggering. It was something Yoongi and I desperately needed to discuss.