Part 5: The Aftermath

I woke up and I was being carried up the stairs. I looked around confused and then I remembered everything that had just happened. I saw it was Atlas carrying me and I was worried about how pissed he was going to be.

"I am so sorry-" I started and he shushed me.

"Not another word," he said before we passed three men walking down the stairs, they each nodded at us. Atlas opened up the door and he carefully placed me on the bed and I nervously sat up. He looked at me and he spoke.

"I shouldn't have made you watch that," He said and I was beyond shocked that he wasn't furious at me.

"Did you figure out who did it?" I asked him and he shook his head.

"I told them to wait while I carried you to bed," he said.

"Oh," I said to him and he sighed and sat next to me.

"Do you forgive me?" He asked me and I looked at him.

"You didn't apologize," I said and he gave me a hard look. I looked up at him.

"Would you do that to me if I piss you off?" I asked him, my hands shaking slightly. He sighed and swore under his breath.

"No, I don't do that unless it is someone I need information from or a big traitor to the gang," Atlas said trying to comfort me but it wasn't helping.

"Could you just shoot me instead of that, I wouldn't be able to handle it," I said to him and he sighed.

"Are you planning on betraying me?" Atlas asked calmly and I shook my head no.

"Then don't worry about it," Atlas said and he left the room. I laid down in the bed and I allowed myself to fall asleep exhausted from everything which had happened today.

I woke up to Atlas pulling me up by my hair.

"You stupid little bitch," he said as he yanked me down the stairs, he walked all the way to the basement to that horrid room. Jonah was waiting and he tied me up for Atlas who was fuming by the table with all of the torture instruments.

"What did I do?!" I pleaded with him, confused as to what happened.

"The police had you wired and they got my entire conversation with you," Atlas said, picking up the bat and swinging it around.

"I didn't know, you have to believe me," I said with tears streaming down my face.

"I have no reason to believe you," he said before aiming the bat at my ankle.

I woke up screaming and in a cold sweat. I looked around and noticed I was still in bed and it was all just a dream. Atlas came out from the bathroom in only pajama pants and no shirt on, his hair was wet and dripping.

"Are you okay?" He asked me and I took a few deep breaths and nodded my head, still feeling shaken up from the dream. He didn't seem convinced as he watched me carefully.

"Would I know if the police had wired me?" I asked him, and he sat down on the bed looking at me, as he dried his hair with his towel.

"Yes, it is usually an entire microphone set you would need. Why?" he asked me and I just shook my head.

"I just had a bad dream," I said and he walked back over to the bathroom, hung up his towel, and turned off the lights. He walked over to the bed and he climbed in.

"Was it about me?" He asked and I turned over and saw he was staring at me. I simply nodded my head, afraid to speak.

"I would never hurt you," Atlas said and I looked up at him surprised.