Relaxation

Relaxation

Downtown Lungmen

It was 9 AM when Firewatch was awoken by the soft rings of an alarm. Mumbling to herself, she turned off the alarm and glanced at the time. Getting out of bed, she walked into the main room where Jacob was enjoying a cup of coffee and a muffin. "Good morning," Jacob said as he held out another cup of coffee. He was still wearing his jacket like usual, with his hoodie off.

"When did you wake up?" Firewatch asked as she accepted the cup.

"Not long after you. Twenty or thirty minutes ago." Firewatch nodded as she sat across from him and took a sip. She closed her eyes as she savored it. It was bitter, but that's how she liked it. "So... What is the plan for today."

Firewatch opened one eye to look at him, "Walk around and enjoy the city."

"That's it?"

"Yep. I'm pretty sure I already said that." She finished her cup and placed it on the table, "I'm going to change it to something more casual." She looked at Jacob. "Are you still going to wear your jacket around? You've been wearing it all day."

He could only shrug at her observation. "I haven't been able to buy any new clothes. Plus, this is pretty comfortable."

She deadpanned at his answer, "Whatever. Maybe you can use this trip to buy something new for yourself." Saying that, she walked into the bedroom and shut the door. Ruffling through the contents of her bag, she unfolded a piece of clothing she hadn't seen in a while. It was a simple but detailed white dress. She ordered it custom from Vitafield for casual and combat wear. It even had Rhode Island tacked on the side. Donning the dress, she looked at herself in the mirror. The dress punctuated her slim form as she twisted and turned in front of the mirror. Nodding to herself, she walked out of the bedroom.

"Are we leaving...now?' Jacob drawled as he turned to look at Firewatch. He wasn't expecting Firewatch to be wearing clothing like that.

Firewatch didn't bat an eye at his stunned look. "Yes, we are. Let's go." She opened the door to the room and left, leaving Jacob to scramble behind her. He caught up to her as she entered the elevator. The ride down was uneventful as the two stood still. Exiting the elevator, Amiya saw them and waved.

"Hi Doctor! Good morning Firewatch! Where are you guys going today?" Amiya asked, walking up to them.

"I'm heading out to see the city with Firewatch. Maybe buy some new clothes while I'm at it. Are you doing anything? You can come with us"

Amiya waved her hand in a denying motion, "No. No. I'm sorry, I can't. I have to meet with Wei Yenwu about our future operation."

"Oh crap. Do you need me to come too?"

She shook her head. "Don't worry. As Rhode Island's representative and face, I must take this task on my own."

Jacob frowned, "Ok. Don't overdo yourself."

Amiya smiled, "I won't. I hope you have a fun time with Firewatch."

Jacob blushed slightly as he watched Amiya walk out of the hotel. "What a hardworking girl."

"She's young and hardworking. All the pressure is on her shoulders representing the entire company." Firewatch answered behind him.

Jacob smiled as he turned his head, feeling guilty. "I know. All I can do is lead our people into combat. Anyway, let's get going" Firewatch and Jacob walked through the main doors, and into the busy streets of Lungmen.

As they walked along with the crowd filling the sidewalks, the two took in the sights. Dozens of buildings towered above them, with intricate stores selling all sorts of items lined the streets. Clothing shops, Antique shops, teahouses, restaurants, and many more had their doors opened to passersby. "So many unique buildings." Firewatch said as she looked around, "I've never seen these many stores pack together."