Art of Blade

Art of Blade

Underneath the Lungmen General Hospital

Firewatch glared at the trio of Reunion avengers. She was outnumbered by opponents she didn't know the true strength of. From what she can tell from their combat stances, they were trained. It didn't help that the one she shot was now wielding a flaming blade. But she didn't have to defeat all of them, just buy enough time for Jacob to close the locks.

Not wasting time, she held up her hand, beckoning towards herself. "Let's do this." The avengers charged forward as Firewatch followed suit. Reaching the injured avenger, she slashed Kaze at its chest. Her blade collided with the flaming blade, stopping in place. As the heat washed over her, she observed the patch of skin near her opponent's hand glow and slowly grow with crystals. It seemed that the fire resulted from accelerated origium growth. Before she could think on it anymore, the two other avengers attacked her sides. Jumping back, her eyes had a glint of yellow as she blocked a flurry of incoming attacks from the trio.

Her arms stung as she quickly parried strike after strike. "Can you hurry?"

"There are too many safety locks!" Jacob yelled.

Firewatch grimaced, "Enough of this!" She summoned her will into the blade and manifested its arts. The avengers all attacked her at the same time as she released a single, glowing strike. Even though their strikes held more physical strength than the single elafian girl, she sent all three of them back when they collided. While they tried to regain their balance, Firewatch went on the offensive. She first targeted the injured avenger, dashing forward and sheathing her blade. The figure in the dark hood seemed to glare at her as she stopped in front of him, not able to do anything. Pulling her blade out, five cuts manifested on her target, detaching the legs, arms, and head in a violent spray of viscera. The remains collapsed to the ground as the flaming blade quickly extinguished.

She looked behind her as the remaining two avengers finally regained their bearings. Two more to go. Firewatch flicked the blood off her blade and prepared herself again. The two looked at each other before moving in opposite directions, sandwiching her between them. She could feel the hate coming from their figures as they circled around her.

As she tried to keep her eyes on both of them, the one on her left raised his blade to charge. Firewatch, on reaction, turned to combat the threat, only to be met with the avenger standing still. A faint.

Swinging her head behind her, she saw the other avenger's blade arcing for her head. Before the blade could decapitate her, she bent backward, causing the katana to fly an inch over her nose. Using her momentum, she somersaulted back out of their attack ranges. As she stood up, pain flared from one of her antlers as blood flowed down her face. Her face clenched in pain as she felt up her head, finding a piece of her left antler cut clean off. "Dammit..."

Jacob stopped what he was doing to help her, but Firewatch held up her bloodied hand. "I'm fine," her eyes narrowed at her opponents. "Just get the gate closed." Jacob looked indecisive before getting back to work on the panel.

Firewatch swiped the blood off of her forehead and harnessed the arts in her blade. Kaze glowed green as her eyes ignited yellow. It all happened in a second. Firewatch seemingly disappeared from her position and appeared above one avenger, chopping down with a yell. Her target held up his blade in an attempt to stop the attack, only to be overpowered and sent flying into a wall. Without waiting, she snapped her head to her side as the other avenger charged her. Ducking under a sloppy stab, Firewatch gripped the sword hand before leveraging his momentum to toss him over her back. She didn't give him the chance to fight back as she stomped down. Her heel crushed the man's windpipe, ending the fight.