The VIP

The VIP

Lungmen Slums

Firewatch sighed in frustration as opened her weapon case. She was currently in the LGD headquarters, readying up for the operations. As she inspected her crossbow, she remembered the conversation with Kal'tsit last night. Reunion had been spotted en masse in the slums searching for their target and the LGD decided to accelerate the timeline.

Attaching her scope, she looked at Jacob, who was standing beside Amiya. "Listen up everyone!" Every person in the garage looked towards him. "Alright! Sorry about cutting our brief vacation short, but blame the LGD and not me." Chuckles sounded in the garage. Besides, we're getting paid the big bucks now. Amiya, give them the details."

A map turned on behind them. "Here are the Lungmen slums. Its combination of decrypt apartment buildings and narrow alleys mostly inhabited by infected. Our target for this op is this girl." A photo appeared on the screen, that being the one Kal'tsit showed her. "This is Misha. An Ursus refugee currently staying somewhere in the area."

"Why is she important? She looks barely over 16." an operator asked.

"She's related to a high-ranking official of Chernobog. The details of why the LGD wants her are unknown to us. Moving on, Reunion has been scouring the area since yesterday, so be prepared for combat. Remember, identify your targets before engaging. We don't want to bring harm to any of the innocent infected."

"Here's everyone's squad assignments!" Jacob yelled. "Firewatch, Liskarm, Franka, Jessica, Gavial, and Vigna are to join me and Amiya in the main squad! Meteorite, Frostleaf, and Greythroat, you're going to be our rear echelon. Cuora, Matterhorn, Astesia, Grani, and Ambriel, you're defending our extraction point. Penguin Logistics will also provide support for this mission. Did everyone get their assignment?" No one raised their voice. "Good. Everyone mount up! The LGD loaned us a couple of armored trucks." Everyone moved to their respective vehicles as Firewatch hefted her crossbow. Hopping in the back of a truck, she slid next to Jacob and Amiya, who were going over plans. Jessica, Gavial, and Vigna soon followed her in while Liskarm and Franka took the driver and passenger seat, respectively.

Jacob looked away from a map he was looking at and glanced at Firewatch. "Did you get enough rest?"

"I'm fine. After this op I think I should take it slow." Firewatch said, "Maybe actually tour the city fully..."

"You and me too." Jacob chuckled as he hit his hand on the wall, "Start it up!" The truck started and soon they were cruising the streets on Lungmen. Firewatch tapped her foot on the ground as she rested her hands on her crossbow. She was getting nervous, as she didn't know why. Sneaking a hand into her pocket, she grasped a peppermint and threw it into her mouth.

As she enjoyed it, her mind quickly calmed, and she watched the passing scenery through one of the small view ports. Ten minutes passed before the scenery changed. As tall skyscrapers and tourists disappeared, rundown buildings and the infected took their place. "Looks like we're here. Where are we deploying?"

"Right up ahead." Amiya replied as the truck took a sharp turn into an alley. "Everyone out." Gavial, the closest one to the door, opened it and allowed the combat operators to flood out.

"We have a decent read on Misha's location. Signs point to her being in the southern district. Move quickly but be on guard." Jacob warned. The squad convened and started their way through the slums. Infected around them only took quick glances and the heavily armed squad before hiding in their homes. Firewatch clenched her crossbow as she saw eyes peering at them from the darkness. Reaching the southern district, the squad split. Jacob ordered the squad to split into two in order to cover more ground. Firewatch, Amiya, Franka, and Jacob split off to cover one side as the rest of the squad took the other.