Back from the Dead

Back from the Dead

Chernobog

Jacob watched in disbelief as elafian in white charged forward, throwing arrows on the move. "It's Firewatch! Amiya! Cover Meteorite and Frostleaf's escape!"

"Snipers! Fire at will, keep Yeti Squadron at bay!" The overwhelming fire pinned the advancing Reunion, as Meteorite carried her injured partner.

"I can't believe it..." Meteorite muttered as she reached Amiya, "she's alive."

Firewatch flipped her kukri into an icepick grip before slashing at Frostnova's stomach. An ice blade formed in her opponent's hand and blocked the strike. Grunting as the two weapons clashed, Firewatch grasped an arrow with her offhand and stabbed towards Frostnova's shoulder. Frostnova quickly shifted her body to the side, leading to the arrow piercing her shoulder. Taking in the sharp pain, Frostnova kicked Firewatch's chest.

The impact hit home, causing the sniper to slide back and disengage from the sword lock. Coughing, Firewatch wiped some blood from her mouth as she readied herself again. Frostnova ripped out the arrow before covering the wound in ice. The two stared at each other as they raised their weapons, pointing them forward.

"Again with this Yelena?" Firewatch grunted, motioning towards the environment with her kukri.

Frostnova chuckled as she hefted her ice blade. "You should know by now, Sofia. I take things very seriously. I couldn't believe that the first thing you did when we finally met again was to kick and stab me."

She smirked. "How about we call it even then? I think a couple of my ribs are bruised."

Frostnova tried and failed to stifle a laugh as everyone on the battlefield watched. Rhode Island tried to comprehend how someone they had a funeral for was suddenly back as Yeti Squadron tried to make sense of why their leader knew this attacker. "I'll call it even when you take it seriously. Where's your Kaze?"

Firewatch stare steeled as she held her knife. "In storage, it brings back terrible memories."

"I see... well enough dillydallying, Sofia. Let's end this." They both readied their weapons before charging each other. However, before they could clash again, a whistling sound slowly came louder. Firewatch and Frostnova suddenly jumped backward as something struck the ground in front of them. Firewatch skidded across the ground before coming to a stop as dust and rocks washed over her.

A wave of heat pulsated in the immediate area as a silhouette of a figure appeared in the cloud of debris. "Look's like a made it just in time for the fun part." The rev of a chainsaw roared through the air as a feline made her entrance. "Blaze, elite operator, at your service." The newly arrived looked around her, seeing Firewatch before scratching her head. "Aren't you supposed to be dead?"

"You're going to ask that now?" Firewatch deadpanned.

"Blaze!" Amiya cried out, "Occupy Frostnova so we can evacuate the wounded!"

"Got it, Amiya," Blaze confirmed, revving her chainsaw. Heat pulsated around them again, melting some of the surrounding frost.

"Yetis!" Frostnova commanded, ordering her squad forward. "Don't let them escape!"

Blaze glance to her side as Firewatch walked beside her brandishing her knife, "You take care of her lackeys. Frostnova is mine."

The feline chuckled, "Did I interrupt your brief reunion?" Firewatch glared at the operator. "I'm joking. She's all yours. Leave everyone else to me." They both nodded as Blaze charged, swinging her weapon, leaving Frostnova and Firewatch to continue their fight.