To Chernobog you go

To Chernobog you go

Rhode Island Landship

A short girl with bunny ears adorning her head walked down a grey corridor, counting the room's numbers in her head as she walked past. She stopped when she saw the one she was looking for.

"Firewatch," called Amiya as she knocked on a door, "Dr. Kal'tsit has asked for you in her office." Nobody replied as shuffling could be heard inside.

A minute later the door slid to the side revealing Firewatch, clad in her usual green attire, with a nonchalant look. "What does Kal'tsit need from me? I finished my assignment with acceptable quality." the elafia questioned. Amiya was about to answer when she spotted something in the back of Firewatch's room. It was a board filled with paper and pictures with writing scribbled across it. Before Amiya could make out what was on the board, Firewatch took a step forward, letting the door close behind her. "What does Kal'tsit need?" she asked again.

Amiya gasped, "Sorry, Ms. Firewatch! Dr. Kal'tsit asked me to bring you to her office to discuss a private matter. If you would only follow me Ms. Firewatch we can be on our way." Firewatch nodded and the two began to walk through the dimly lit hallways.

"What does Dr. Kal'tsit need from me, Amiya?" Firewatch asked as they reached an elevator. The doors split open and they walked in.

"I don't know, " she answered as she pressed the button to the top floor, "she wouldn't even tell me..." Firewatch craned her head. Kal'tsit won't even tell Amiya?

'What does this have to do with me?' Firewatch thought, 'I'm just an operator and she's the representative of the entire company.' She put an end to her thoughts as the elevator stopped. The doors slid open revealing Dr. Kal'tsit sitting behind her desk. "Firewatch," Kal'tsit said as she scanned the documents on her desk, "take a seat."

Firewatch scanned the surroundings as she pulled out the seat and sat down. The pure white of her office seems to collapse on her as she shuffled in her seat. "You're not in trouble, Firewatch," Kal'tsit lifted her head, sensing her unease, "You can go Amiya."

The bunny-eared girl bowed and promptly left. Kal'tsit placed her hands onto her desk, "You're probably wondering why you're here. I'll make it quick and get to the point." She placed a map onto her desk as Firewatch observed. It was a sprawling map of the mobile city of Chernobog with writing detailing risks, vantage points, and extraction points. "What you're seeing is only for your eyes only," she explained, "the details put into this would put us on the blacklist of the Ursus Empire."

Firewatch nodded, "What is this for, doctor? And why are you showing this to me?"

Kal'tsit leaned back in her chair, "It's for a mission. Take a glimpse of the map." Firewatch glanced at the map again and spotted more details. The most glaring detail was a small building, surrounded by a red circle. "I'm guessing you saw the mark. That is a safehouse for our operators in the city," she leaned in, "and that's where you're going. The situation in the city is slowly deteriorating and we are taking precautions for our non-combat personnel inside."

Firewatch raised her eyebrow, "Why am I the only one going? And why is it only me getting sent?"

"Out of all the operators, I believe in your ability to enter and leave Chernobog without any complications. Also bringing to many operators may lead to unwanted attention." Kal'tsit listed.

Firewatch held her chin, "How am I going to get inside the city? The Ursus don't like armed foreigners inside."

"One moment..." Kal'tsit said as she pulled out a photo. A blurry figure was encapsulated in the frame. From what Firewatch could tell the figure was male and featured prevalent bear ears. "This is one of our distributors inside the city. He will meet with you in the motorpool and smuggle you and your equipment into the city under the guise of medical equipment. From there you will have to make your way on foot. Once you reach the safehouse, you will need to answer the question they ask with 'Charity'. Got it?"