Chapter 39 - Hengen Muso

Chapter 39 – Hengen Muso

Author's Note: None Today!

"Are you the combat advisor, Elrasla?"

"Yes, I am."

She then turned to Naofumi, who was talking to a healing Éclair.

"After you saved my life, good saint, and the both of you saving my village, I dedicated that life to helping this world."

After waiting for her to finish, I had to ask a question.

"What are you doing to Rishia?"

"Don't you know? Within this girl a very unordinary power sleeps. I believe she has the potential to be the heir to my school of martial arts."

"Fuehhhhhh! Satoshi, save me!"

"Could you maybe unhand her?"

The granny ignored my plea.

"If you're a combat advisor," Naofumi interrupted. "What level are you?"

"I am level 95."

Holy smokes. That was only a level lower than my own.

"What is the maximum level?" Naofumi asked.

"Normally it is 100, but I've heard legends of another class up ceremony that may allow further leveling, and heroes aren't subject to the level cap."

That's good. I didn't want to be limited by the cap, but my party members would be screwed.

"So anyways," I asked. "What weapon do you use for the Hengen Muso style?"

"The Hengen Muso style does not require the use of weapons."

"What?" Naofumi and I cried in unison.

"Any item that the user of the style comes across can be turned into a weapon, which is the true strength and advantage offered by the style. All enemies fall in its wake."

That actually sounds pretty interesting. Might as well give it a shot.

"If what you say is true, Naofumi and I are more than happy to become your disciples."

I punched Naofumi in the side of the stomach.

"Isn't that right, Naofumi?"

"Yeah, yeah. We'd be more than happy?"

Suddenly, a clattering sound sounded from the distance.

"Ugh!" Raphtalia grunted.

During our conversation with Granny, Éclair and Raphtalia had been sparring close to us.

Éclair, still quite injured from my rifle fire, had managed to defeat Raphtalia in a swordfight.

"Just so you know, this woman, Éclair, is also going to work with us on swordsmanship. Please teach us all you can."

"Please include me in your teachings." Éclair bowed. "It would be a great honor."

"Ha! Hope you can keep up!"

"We'll do our best!"

This would be an excellent opportunity to strengthen Rishia, who never had the best combat abilities, and hopefully Welst, Eda and Rojeel, which were at most subpar teammates. Those three had been surprising loyal towards me, since I originally expected them to betray me at some point.

"After we eat breakfast, I shall commence my instruction." Granny announced.

"That works for us!"