Oh my rose*

I was finishing a meal in the restaurant I work we were closing down the kitchen afterward.

After everything was clean and in order, I closed the door and made my way towards a woman.

She looked divine. I walked faster behind her, she was clueless, and as soon as I saw where to hide, I dragged her there with me. She wanted to scream, and was struggling against me. I pushed her harder into a wall and feed her energy.

Looking straight into her eyes, I saw the light of them leave. After feeding my body, I could feel like it would last me three days at much. I pulled her heart out of her chest. Blood pooled underneath her body.

I made my way home after that.

After I got home, I made sure to clean the house and prepare the heart before tomorrow.

The night after I was a bit early to my apartment and I decided to cook something to go side by side with a heart.

Just in case you did not catch up, I am a demon who is being punished, for falling in love with a human. Now I feed on the energy of humans and sadly, I can't last long with human energy.

As I was cooking, I heard a soft knock on my door. I was not expecting anybody and I had paid my rent so far.

I cleaned my hand with a rag and made my way to the door, I opened the door and I saw a woman with a plate in her hand, she had an embarrassed look on her face.

-I'm sorry can I help you? I asked her.

-Hello, I'm so sorry this is a bit out of place but I'm your new neighbor, just moved in this morning and I couldn't help but smell whatever you are cooking is making my baby go crazy and I just wondered if I could have some...

I smiled and looked her up and down; she had a very notorious pregnant bump.

-Of course, please come in. I don't mind sharing.

She smiled at me and I welcomed her over.

-Wow your apartment looks good, it looks like you have made the impossible possible.

-I have lived here long enough to make this crappy apartment better. She smiled and I pulled out a chair for her to take a seat.

-I took her plate and walked back into my kitchen served her a portion. No heart of course.

-Do you perhaps want to take some to your husband? I asked and sat her plate in front of her.

-Oh. I'm not married. This is weird but I am a surrogate for my brother and his partner, they sent me here after my clumsy self almost fell and I'm not from here. Therefore, they just want to keep a close eye on me. Spent some more time with the baby.

I chuckled and sat across her, -That is very nice of you. Give your whole body to your brother and his girl.

She smiled. – Yea, they were having a bit of trouble. She took a bite of her food and moaned in response.

I felt pride fill my heart, -This taste so good. I gave her some more.

-I work as a chef in a lux restaurant. I am the main cook.

She finished her plate and got up, I took her plate away.

-oh no, I can wash it at my crappy apartment.

-It's okay I can wash it, I need to clean anyway. Please do tell me more about yourself. I'm interested in what kind of thoughts went through your head to be this kind-hearted girl.

She smiled at me. I'm sorry, I just can't stay seems like I have embarrassed myself enough for the night. I also have a lot to unpack and clean.

-Oh well. If you need help with anything, please do not be afraid to ask. I walked to her door and made sure she was in her apartment. After saying our goodnight, I walked back to my apartment and made sure to finish the heart. I felt more energy afterward.