Traveler PT 2

Panting and entangled with each other. Ruby's eyes softened, and she touched my face gently.

"I felt it," she whispered, "the bond between us. I can't deny it anymore."

I nodded, still catching my breath. "I never wanted to hurt you, Ruby. I only wanted to understand why I felt so incomplete."

Ruby sighed, resting her forehead against mine. "We need to figure out our next steps. The forest, the stone, and the danger we face from those who seek it... we can't stay here forever."

I helped her to her feet, and we adjusted our clothes. As we dressed, the weight of our shared responsibilities settled on us. The enchanted forest held many secrets, and we had only begun to uncover them.

"We should start by discovering more dragons and what happened" Ruby suggested. "They let you go for a reason, and we need to understand why."

I agreed. "And we need to find out who sent those bandits. They seemed to know about the stone and were willing to kill for it."

Ruby nodded, her eyes hardening with determination. "We have to be careful. Trust no one except each other."

We left the room, our footsteps echoing through the castle's grand halls. As we prepared for our journey, I couldn't shake the feeling that we were on the brink of something monumental. The enchanted forest was vast and filled with untold dangers, but I felt a newfound strength with Ruby by my side.

Our journey was just beginning, and with it, the hope that we could forge a future where we could both belong.

"Where should we begin? Ruby asked. She opened a door that led to a bathroom and the tub began to fill with warm water, she prepared some soaps and clothes for me.

She came close to me, I took advantage and pulled her to me, her big eyes looking at me.

"Why are you asking me?" She smiled. "You have been outside this forest far more than me" She took off my shirt, pushed on my shoulder, and sat me near the tub, She plater some paste on my wounds. "This will help to heal you, there is also a spell in the water to help.

The warmth of the water seeped into my skin, and the paste Ruby applied tingled as it began to work on my wounds. I winced slightly but managed a smile. "You're right," I said, leaning back. "I've traveled more, but you know this forest better than anyone. We need both our skills to succeed."

Ruby sat beside the tub, her expression thoughtful. "The nearest village outside the forest is only a few days' journey. We can start there. Maybe we can find information about the dragons and those bandits."

I nodded. "It's a good plan. We'll need supplies and perhaps some allies. We can't face this alone."

Ruby's gaze met mine, and she reached out to brush a stray lock of hair from my face. "We'll make it through this. Together." I took her hand in mine, pressing my lips to her palm.

As the healing spell in the water took effect, I felt my strength returning. I closed my eyes, letting the magic do its work while Ruby continued to tend to me. Her touch was gentle, and I marveled at how quickly our bond had deepened.

When I finally stepped out of the tub, I felt refreshed and ready to face whatever lay ahead. Ruby handed me fresh clothes, and as I dressed, I couldn't help but feel a sense of resolve.

"Let's gather what we need and head out at first light," Ruby suggested.

"Agreed," I replied. "But first, we need to find the map I had hidden in my cloak. It should give us a clearer path through the forest to the village."

Together, we made our way to my quarters. The castle was eerily quiet, the shadows long in the dim light of the torches. As we reached my room, I paused, feeling a strange sense of foreboding.