Nurse instructor

There I was, sweat dripping down my back, one of my hands inside the abdominal cavity of my patient, and a gun to my head...

A week earlier:

I had on dark green scrubs, I was one of the only females on the line, and The navy behind the desk was checking papers, I had volunteered to help with the armed forces, I was excited but also sad, I thought there were going to be more women.

-Miss, Y/N? He looked up, dark brown eyes looked at me. –Yes. He stamped some papers and crossed his fingers. –I can see here that you have some medical issues, do you have your records? I opened my bag and took out the papers.

I also removed my ID tags, they had my condition, blood type, and personal information. –I see you have ID tags, second time? He asked me. I nodded my head.

-You are one of the few nurses so your bunks are on this side of the ship. He gave me a piece of paper with a drawn map. –Thanks.

I made my way over to my sleeping quarters, I saw a few other bags on the bunk beds. I was never alone and as a nurse I was thankful.

I took out my schedule, I was going to be taking a new course to complete my goals, I wanted to be a paramedic for emergency situations, and I loved trauma but I knew I could do more than what I let on.

I took a deep breath and headed to eat something. As I made my way over to the cafeteria I saw a lot of male nurses, they were wearing their uniforms and I wasn't, because I didn't need to.

I took a tray and made my way over to the end of the line, as I was ordering food I could feel some gazes over me, making me get goosebumps.

I took a seat at a table and everybody continued as normal. I ate in silence and went to bed. I had to wake up extra early in the morning to get to class.

The next morning I got dressed and made my over to the classroom, The thing about the military is that they check your uniform thoroughly, Even your underwear.

-I was wearing my trainee uniform, I had to have a bun, white underwear, and blue or white scrubs.

I took a seat at the front of the class and took out my notebook and pens. I was ready.

-Good morning students, I will be giving you your paramedic course at the intermediate level. It is an honor to have all of you here and in case I had you before it is nice to see you expanding your field of choice.
I'm supposed to give you like the history of nursing and crap but we are going to skip that and start with the basic just a little recap. A slide show being projected began, and he turned the lights off.
-So, basic means first aid. Burns, lacerations, CPR...And all that jazz. He chuckled and the rest of the students did too.

-We all have seen some gruesome images and sadly it doesn't get better but if you like to get dirty, some blood, and guts you will do fine. He sat on his desk and looked around his bag. –I need to take attendance, but I am looking for a classmate of yours. He took out the list and began to read.

-Galving? He called I lifted my hand; it wasn't really needed since I was at the very front and the only one at that. He locked eyes with me.

-You have a specialty in trauma. He asked. I nodded my head.

-Yes sir. I have a degree. He walked around his desk and stood beside me, his eyes looking for something.

-You must feel like bait, look around. He chuckled. I was a bit taken back, but then turned behind me and all I saw were navy males. –Gentlemen, please make sure to treat our first emergency nurse with due respect, or you will be kicked out of the course. We are all adults and I expect nothing else.

-You can sit down again. He gave me a smile. He didn't seem as uptight as my other instructors did, he was light-going, funny, kind of shy but in a good way, serious. It made me feel like I was going to enjoy learning from him.