You're Welcome Here Any Time

Isabelle

"Are you sure I shouldn't have brought something?" I asked as we get out of Sterling's car.

"Yes. I'm sure." Sterling chuckled as he grabbed my hand and led me up the mansion steps.

I was a little nervous. We had been invited over to his grandfather's for dinner. While I was comfortable around Scarlett and his mother I did get a little nervous around his other family members. I just didn't feel like I completely fit in, they're all rich and I'm barely to the point I have the money to find an apartment around here.

Sterling rang the doorbell and glanced over at me. He placed a kiss on the top of my head. "Relax Sweetheart. You've been around them all before and they love you."

I didn't have the chance to answer before the door was opened. "Hello Young Mr. Tipton." And older gentlemen greeted him and looked over to me. "Hello Ms. Avildsen."

"Hello Davis." Sterling responded. "Where's everyone at?"

"The living room. Let me take you both to them." The man responded as he moved out of the way to let us inside.

He shut the door and then led the way to where everyone else was. Sterling held my hand as we followed him. Seconds later we entered the room where his grandfather and his parents along with Scarlett were sitting. His cousin Justin had also come back into town as Christmas was only a few days away now.

With the holiday so close meant Sterling and I were going on almost two weeks together now. I know it hasn't been too long but it wasn't hard to pick back up where we left off years ago. Everything was just going well between us right now. I could only hope that we could keep it this way.

"Welcome." Sterling's grandfather Martin stood up and greeted us. His eyes then fell on me. "It's a pleasure to see you again Isabelle. You're welcome here any time so please make yourself feel at home."

"Thank you." I gave him a small smile in response.

"Sterling, good to see you bud." Justin spoke from his seat as Martin sat back down. "I can't tell you how glad I was to hear that awful ex of yours is gone."

"Justin!" His wife Victoria scolded him as Sterling and I took our seats.

"Oh he's heard worse." Scarlett chimed in with a smile. She then began to put a finger up for each name she had given Elise. "See there was satan, bloodsucker, bitch, cunt-"

"Scarlett!" Kaydence interrupted her from continuing on.

"What?" Scarlett innocently asked. "Dad's called her those things too."

Martin sighed as he rubbed his face with his hand. "Scarlett dear."

"Yes Grandpa?" She responded.

He placed his hand back down. "You know I love you, but sometimes I wish you would have gotten your mother's mouth instead of your father's."

Sterling let out a small chuckle. "I don't think it's necessarily who she got the mouth from. Even dad can control what he says better than her. I think it's more that she's got his bluntness and mom's sassy attitude combined." He paused and then looked over at Scarlett. "But we still love you regardless."

"Of course you do." Scarlett shrugged. "I'm delightful to be around."

"Look, I didn't mean to make it a big thing." Justin finally took back over the conversation he managed to start. "All that I'm saying is she was awful and toxic, you don't deserve that."

"Says a lot coming from you." Damon spoke.

Sterling glanced over at his father. They both had similar looks as they seemed to communicate with only their facial expression. Clearly they both knew there was a little more meaning to Damon's comment. However it was between them and I didn't need to stick my nose where it doesn't belong.

"How awful?" Sterling raised a brow as he turned his attention back to Justin.

"Well." Justin shifted uncomfortably as he was put on the spot by not just Damon but now Sterling. "She's about as bad as my mother, if not worse."

Damon nodded in response. "That's something that I can agree with."

"Enough." Martin spoke before anyone else could say anything more. "Yes, even I could see she was awful but she's gone. We don't need to be talking about her, especially with a new guest joining us."

"Exactly." Kaydence glared at both Damon and Scarlett. "Be respectful and let's not make anyone feel uncomfortable."

"As you wish Love." Damon responded.

Scarlett nodded and then turned her attention to me. "How are you liking Nashville since you've returned?"

"It's been great. I'm honestly glad I ended up back here." I answered. I was grateful for the change in conversation.

"That's great!" Kaydence beamed with delight. "I just hope my boys have been behaving." She added as she looked between Damon and Sterling.

"They've both been great." I smiled reassuringly.

Things may have started off rocky with Sterling at first but all was well now. With Damon he had been nothing but nice even after making me stick with this contract. I was getting comfortable in this assistant thing and having signed a year of my life away didn't seem as big of a deal anymore.

"Good." She smiled in return and proceeded to get serious. "If they cause you any trouble though, let me know."

"Let me know as well." Martin added. "Between the two of us I'm sure we can get them in line quickly. Especially with Kaydence involved, she's managed to figure out the tricks to handling the Tipton men."

"We're right here." Sterling reminded them.

"Even better." Kaydence responded.

Damon's phone began to ring. He pulled it out of his pocket to see who it was. "Excuse me for a moment." He spoke as he got up from his seat and left the room.

While he was away Kaydence proceeded to make more conversation with me. She asked how things were holding up at the orphanage. They had donated a lot of resources to help keep the place going over the years. It was still in great shape and really didn't need anything else done to it as of right now.

Damon entered the room and his eyes looked intensely at Sterling. "You and I need to talk, alone."