The Love Of My Life

Sterling

I couldn't begin to describe the relief I felt when she agreed to talk to me. I know I hadn't left her much choice but this way she was willing to go to a more private area of the airport... on one condition of course.

She made me take the delay away so that our problems didn't hold up everyone else's flight. She was now scheduled back onto the flight she was originally supposed to be on.

After getting that settled, I held her hand tightly in mine as I led the way to a garden outside of the airport so we could be alone. The last thing I wanted was any media to get a hold of the situation. This was something I needed to keep between her and me.

We sat down on a bench and I took in a deep breath, letting it out as I began to figure out the right words to say. I know the time is limited so I need to make this count.

"Out with it." Her voice was low, but I could sense her impatience.

"I'm so sorry for everything that's happened." I looked over at her, staring into those gorgeous gray eyes. "You didn't deserve for me to leave you in the dark, I really messed up Isabelle but I was only doing what I thought was going to be best to keep you protected."

Her throat bobbed as she gulped. "Protecting me from what Sterling?"

"Elise." I confessed, if I wanted to get her to be willing to stay I had to come clean about everything. "With the information about your family and my mother coming to light, she seemed to prove that she wasn't going to back down. So, I had to take matters into my own hands."

I could feel the guilt coiling in my stomach. I didn't want to confess anything else, I know it'll just make matters worse before they can get better. Especially given the fact I had to allow Elise the opportunity to think she had won... but sitting on this information isn't the answer.

"I let Elise think she and I were going to get back together." The words tasted like vomit as they left my mouth. "It was the only way for me to get close enough to take her down quickly and effectively."

I could see the hurt and anger instantly in her eyes. "Did you fuck her?"

"No." I grabbed her hands and leaned in closer. "I would never have done that, I couldn't do something like that to you Isabelle. You're my everything, the love of my life. I could never betray you like that."

She looked away, I couldn't tell whether or not she believed me. It was the truth though, Elise never had the chance to touch my dick. I would've killed if she had tried before I would have gone through with that.

She looked back at me, a mix of emotions taking over in those gray orbs. "Did you at least accomplish what you set out to do?"

"Yes." I nodded. "The Tunts are gone, they won't be bugging us ever again."

With the threats coming from both my father and me, they'd be dumb to try. If they did even make an attempt they'd be taken out so quickly. I refused to let those assholes ruin anything ever again.

"What did you do?" She asked, clearly her curiosity had been piqued.

I thought for a moment, trying to figure out how to word it all. "I found out that the Tunts were trying to use my family to protect their's since they've been working with cartels and they were about to be called out for it. They also wanted to use a marriage with my family to attempt to get back into Wilson Tunts good graces because he cut them off. On top of that, I found out that the Elise is aware of her adoption and she's been fucking her brother."

Isabelle scrunched her nose with disgust, then her face grew serious again. "I assume this is what Killian was helping with, isn't it?"

"Yes." I nodded.

"So what did you do then?" She pushed further, wanting more details.

Of course, I have to give them but I'll give her the water downed version. She doesn't need to know everything I did to them... everything I was going to do.

"I informed them I wanted them to leave the country permanently." I explained. "I don't care where I just wanted them to be far away from us. My father has eyes on them, I will be keeping an eye on them going forward and if they step out of line he and I will handle it how we see fit."

I expected her to press more, but she didn't. She nodded and then her eyes looked back into mine. "Why didn't you tell me? We were supposed to be a team Sterling. I would have understood."

"Because my mind went to a bad place, it's still there." I choked as I confessed to her. "I didn't want you to see the darkest part of me Isabelle."

"You should have given me something." The hurt was back on her face. "Instead you betrayed my trust and you let me walk away, it's just like four years ago all over again."

"No it's not." I shook my head, refusing to let the past repeat itself. "This time I got to you before you left. Isabelle, let me fix this please. I need you in my life, more than ever right now."

She was the one who helped keep me level headed during this mess before I fucked up. She's the light I need in the darkness that I can feel consuming me. I need her, more than ever before.

"I don't know." She took her hands away and looked down to the ground. "You really hurt me, I can't just pretend that didn't happen."

"I'm not asking you to pretend it didn't." I responded. "I'm just asking that we give us a chance, the real chance we deserve. Without all the drama that we've been dealing with for months. I want us to actually be able to be together and be happy. Please Isabelle, I love you so fucking much."

She was quiet for a moment and she thought. Her face was hard for me to read, I couldn't tell if I was getting through to her or if she was sticking with her decision. I was hoping that it was the first option.

"If I stay I'm not going to be your girlfriend." My heart sank but she continued on. "I won't be living in the penthouse with you either, I'd rather stay with Noami."

"Okay." I nodded, it wasn't what I wanted but it was a start and I was willing to accept it, especially if it helps get her to stay.

"We need to work on things, slowly." Her eyes met my blue orbs. "Slowly. I'm willing to give us a real chance because you're right, we deserve one without an ex girlfriend out to get us. But you have to earn it Sterling, really earn it."

"Okay." I finally began to feel a spark of hope. "I'll do whatever you want Isabelle."

She gave a small nod. "Then I'll stay... for now."

She was willing to stay. She was willing to give me a chance and this time I intend to not fuck it up. I plan to give her my all because that's what she should have gotten from day one.